Part 26

"Promise me! Promise me that you will always look after our kids." you took his right hand, your voice had become hoarse due to excessively bawling your eyes.

"I promise. I will cherish them and they will always be my first priority." Taehyung clenched his eyebrows together, his hand tucking the strand of your hair behind your ear.

"I heard you didn't have your dinner yet. Let's eat. Babies must be hungry." he pecked your forehead slightly before the servants came with plates full of food.

"I am not hungry." you shook your head lightly, blinking your eyes a few times as your head felt heavy. "Call the royal doctor!" Taehyung growled after you rested your head on his chest not being able to sit on your own.

"Her highness is weak right now. She needs to replenish her energy. And she is under a lot of stress. It isn't good for her." the royal doctor bowed before walking a few inches back.

"Leave the room." Taehyung ordered and the next second all the servants were outside. "My lady, if you don't eat you will get sick." you were lying down facing the other side, your face had become pale.

"If you don't eat anything now, you will die even before giving birth." Taehyung stated, he knew it was harsh and he shouldn't have said it but there was no other way to get you to eat.

You gasped, looking towards him for a few seconds. "You said that if you think positively, positive things will happen. You will survive through this. I am sure of it. You have to. And you need to prove all the people wrong, those who are toasting their glasses together. You are stronger than you think."

"Let's eat. And forget everything for now. You and our babies are the most important. Clear your mind." he nodded to get a nod in return while he placed a bowl of soup in front of you.

It was the most silent dinner you ever had. You tug yourself as soon as you ate enough for you and your babies to stay alive.

Taehyung's arm embraced you from your back. You slided towards him, closing the tiny little space between you two. "It is cold right?" he mumbled near your ears, his hand detangling your bun that you had all day long.

*******************

Taehuyng's POV:

"Jimin, get me some arrows to practice archery." I ordered my personal guard.

"Your highness, noble consort y/n had decided to donate these clothes among peasants and poor people. What should we do?" the head eunuch asked as the matter had been pending for a while now.

"Donate them. Let noble consort y/n check them again. There shouldn't be any mistakes." I replied while checking whether the document before his eyes was alright.

"Let her check it? It isn't possible, your highness. She is already gone." the head eunuch mentioned with worryful eyes. "Where has she gone? She must be in our quarter right now. It is noon." I uttered.

"Your highness, I know it is hard to forget our loved ones but you can't keep on behaving as if she is alive. It isn't good for your health. Noble consort y/n died while giving birth six months ago." the head eunuch stated the words that didn't go right with me.

"What does he mean? I hugged her last night. She is resting in our quarter." The head eunuch released a heavy sigh upon me completing the sentence.

The next moment I got up from my throne and ran towards our shared quarter. I was sure he was just babbling nonsense. I had already made up my mind to sentence him to death. How dare he spit nonsense?