Part 4

“I didn’t think I could ever witness his highness sleeping till the sunrise. It’s my honour.”  Jimin teased as soon as Taehyung entered his quarter. “You must feel weak. Should I order some food for you? When I was passing by that area, I could hear the screams. Finally, Queen Dowager’s wish is fulfilled.” Jimin babbled while following Taehyung around in his room until he sat on his chair.

“The preparators would have been long found if your mind worked like your mouth.” Taehyung said, giving him an annoyed look. “Pardon me, your highness.” Jimin bowed to Taehyung. Even though they were childhood best friends and Jimin was the closest person to Taehyung after his mother, work is work.

Jimin directed his eyes to the left where Taehyung’s head eunuch was, signalling him to leave them alone. “Bring me some freshly ground tea from the royal kitchen, head eunuch. Assist the maids. Don’t let your eyes  wander even for a second.”Taehyung commanded. The head eunuch along with the maids went outside.

“Your majesty, I-” Jimin was about to report about his findings, Taehyung cut him off.  “Bring me a mirror fast. I have an urgent matter.” Taehyung said in his cold monotonous face but his expressions were a bit different. Jimin pondered how and why Taehyung showed different emotions through his face now. He always pulled a long face, cold-stare.

“Here it is, your majesty” Jimin placed the mirror on the table in front of Taehyung, gawking at Taehyung’s expression. “That woman- she -she had purple marks all over her body. Starting from the neck, all over the body.” Taehyung said, showing at his neck while looking at the mirror  where your supposed ’wounds’ were.  “All over as if a tiger bit her. All over" Taehyung stopped when he saw the same purple mark on his neck.

“What is this? Did she transfer her disease to me?” Taehyung started panicking. Jimin looked over at Taehyung’s neck and it was just a hickey. Jimin pressed his upper and lower lips together trying his best not to laugh out loudly. “Are you laughing? Is it funny to you that your king is dying?” Taehyung greeted his teeth while rubbing the hickey in an attempt to erase it.

“It seems that the consort was really bitten by a tiger all over.” Jimin chuckled. Taehyung’s hands formed into a fist seeing Kimin laugh silently. Was it funny to Jimin that he was going to possibly die? “It’s just a hickey, your highness. You must have kissed her highness a lot last night, that’s why she has all those marks all over her body and you have this little one on your neck. It will be fine in a few days. It is nothing to worry about.” Jimin said in a straight voice when he noticed Taehyung tightening his fist in anger.

“A hickey?” Taehyung pondered. He felt relieved that he wasn’t going to die and dumb for not knowing it. “Was she so pretty that you couldn’t control yourself?” Jimin asked out of curiosity. Taehyung stayed silent. He didn’t want to embarrass himself more by saying he didn’t remember. “She must be. All the noble men in Yeontan Kingdom and nearby kingdoms were fighting like dogs and cats to marry her.” Jimin muttered to himself, Taehyung was listening.

“I remember you had something to report to me.” Taehyung got back to the main topic. “I have found clues on the person but I need to investigate further. I will be going out of the palace frequently on the upcoming days, your highness” Jimin delivered.

Time skips:

It had been a month and half  since you and his highness made love. You haven’t seen him since then. He might have been busy as always. You couldn’t stop playing all those moments in your head. You would find yourself giggling under your pillow in the middle of the night.

You didn’t imagine that a single night with him would leave such an impression on your heart, mind, body, everything. Bora and the court lady probably thought you were transforming a psycho whenever you smiled from ear to ear out of nowhere.