Part 12

4 month17 days:

In the harem meeting:

“Your majesty, would you like to have some desserts? I prepared them especially for you. They have wild ginseng in them. It will increase your vitality.” the noble consort grinned, pouring the tea from the kettle into his cup. Taehyung stayed mum as always.

You were at the end of the table, your ‘designated’ place to sit while looking at the butterflies roaming around the flowers that were floating on the crystal clear blue lake. If the harem meetings didn’t take place in this beautiful scenery, you would have long passed out from hearing those honeyed words with fake smiles.

But even the beautiful scenery wasn’t helping you today. These days you feel tired all day long. Even though you walked for one hour daily, to reduce the fatigue you were always tired. Nevertheless, you didn’t have any complaints because you could do this much for your baby.

Suddenly, you had the urge to pee. “I just went to the toilet before coming here and it hasn’t even been twenty minutes. My bladder is seeking revenge.” you mumbled not having the capacity to hold your pee. “How dare you?” Taehyung growled at the other end of the table making you startle.

Apparently, consort Jeoni (health minister’s daughter) spilt tea on his highness and proceeded to clean his crown.  She backed down when the noble consort dragged her hand signalling her to stop. “You uncultured thing” Taehyung gritted his teeth while cleaning his crown.
You didn’t dare to leave as the atmosphere was quite hot right now.

It had been a few minutes since then and you couldn’t wait for more.  Clenching your eyebrows together after widening them, you signalled your court lady to come closer. “Court lady, I need to go to the toilet. It’s an emergency.” you whispered into her ears and she nodded.

“Pardon me, I need to use the toilet.” you subtly bowed which no one cared about before getting up. “You can’t even hold onto your pee. How disrespectful are you? Just because you are a nobody doesn’t mean you can neglect the rules.” consort Jeoni ridiculed. You scoffed slightly which didn’t go unnoticed by her.

“How dare you scoff at me? It’s my bad for expecting some respect from a slut.” she rolled her eyes. “Summon the health minister immediately” Taehyung raised his voice, tired of this drama. “Should I call a palanquin for you to go? Go” he screamed at you. Contradicting your eyebrows, you bit your lower lips in disconcert for a second before leaving. “What did he scream at me like that?” you mumbled with a pout.

“Your highness, walk slower” your court lady ran behind you while you were almost running while grabbing the sides of your hanbok’s skirt. “I need to go faster. I don’t want to miss the drama” you said before dashing into the toilet.

“Did the health minister already come?” you wondered as he wasn’t there when you went back. “You came quite fast.” the noble consort commented, you gave her a smile. “I present my greetings to his highness” the health minister bowed, his hands extended and clasped together.

“Health minister, do you know the symptoms a pregnant woman faces?” Taehyung asked with a straight face. “During pregnancy, the woman’s body goes through a lot of changes. Firstly, they don’t get periods, nausea and vomiting is quite often in the first trimester, increased urination, fatigue, food aversions-” the health minister was explaining with a bright face as if he had waited for this chance to tell the King, Taehyung cut him off.

“You seem to know a lot.” Taehyung stated with a poker face. “It is my duty, your highness. I was the top student in our medical school and I travelled around the whole world to cure patients.” the health minister gladly talked about his achievements.