Part 20

Envy= discontented longing for someone else's advantages

Jealousy = unpleasant suspicion, or apprehension of rivalship.

Feelings are those stubborn things that won't fade away even when they torment you.

You shut your eyes, getting startled at the sound of the door shutting open and familiar footsteps nearing you.

"You went to sleep early." he said in a low voice, placing his crown it it's place. You felt a sting of melancholy and confusion when the strong smell of alcohol passed by your nose.

If he really wanted to visit a brothel, why didn't he do it secretly? How senseless can he be? He should have at least thought about his reputation." you cried in a low moan.

"We need to talk!" Taehyung added, he saw you reacting to the light when candles lit. "I don't." you mumbled with an empty heart. "We should mention and make things clear directly instead of holding onto it-" he was about to sit in front of you, you cut him off. "Stay away!!" you said covering your nose with your hands.

"I reek of alcohol. Let's talk after I change." he suggested, sniffing his hanbok. "Changing clothes won't remove the stain you have." you greeted your teeth.

"Why does your face look so pale?" he questioned, sitting down before you after changing into his night robe. "Did you cry?" you blocked his hand that was near your cheeks to trace the dry marks of tears left.

"Stay away" you yelled when he tried to approach you. "Don't touch me with your dirty hands." you growled with glistening eyes.

Taehyung was shocked. "Dirty hands? What are you referring to?" Taehyung asked with a crooked voice. "You should at least make sure that no one finds out. You never cared about my feelings but... but did it never cross your mind how I would feel, how your pregnant wife would feel hearing this? You should have hidden it properly. Why were you so careless?"

"I didn't know that it would hamper you so much. I won't do it anymore." Taehyung tried to clarify his stance. "Do you think not doing it again will clear your stain completely? The whole palace must have known it by now. I will go back to my quarters tomorrow" you said.

"Isn't that too much? Why are you overreacting? She is the noble consort so she usually stays near me. If you want to stand beside me, request, tell me or please me. Why are you throwing a fit?" Taehyung couldn't comprehend why you would make such a big fuss about the noble consort standing beside him. He understood that you wanted to stand beside him but....

"Don't pretend to know nothing now. If you wanted to pretend then you should have hidden it properly. One of the ministers saw you visiting a brothel and right now all the maids to ministers, everyone must have known about it." you uttered, your eyes averted to the side.

"Brothel? When did I visit a brothel? Who dared to spread nonsense about me. Who had the guts? Call those here right now" Taehyung couldn't help but get angry thinking about it. "Stop it now! Why would the maids lie about it? I just heard them gossiping." you couldn't believe how arrogant he was. "I was drinking with Minister Gu till now. Do you think I would go visit a brothel and at this time when we got a special visit." Taehyung hissed.

"HEAD EUNUCH! I want those wenches here right now!" he growled, maintaining his stare on you. Why is he reacting as if all the things were your fault?

Both of the maids got on their knees and started pleading for their life. "Why did you spread rumours about me attending a brothel? Who saw it? Let me see their faces. How dare you commit such a heinous crime?" fumed his majesty. "Your highness, spare our lives. We only obeyed Minister Gu's commands. He told us that it was your command to gossip about it near her highness." the maids sobbed, hoping for their lives to be spared.