Chapter twenty nine

"God she is so irritating," Nico hissed, his eyes locked on Leah whose face was trained on a computer screen.

Lorenzo had asked her if she was interested in helping develop a new software for the Costa Nostra.

She said yes and got to work immediately, I could tel she was eager to get her hands on some software.

"How is she irritating," I asked, glancing over at Sammy who was drawing on a new sheet of paper.

"Just look at her," he scoffed,

"I'm looking." I deadpanned.

"And? Isn't she irritating you?" he said harshly.

"No. She's not." I said flatly.

"Just look at her though. With those stupidly pretty little brown eyes, and that ridiculously long hair. How about her features, why do they have to be so perfect." he ranted, completely drowning out the way he was talking about her.

"-and those dainty wrists. She would break them so easily, she shouldn't be carrying anything to heavy." He finished, completely oblivious.

"You done?" I asked.

"Not nearly, but it'll do for now." He grumbled.

Just then Sammy sprung from her chair and came up to me holding a picture.

It was a girl with long brown hair in a braid, just how Leah always wears it. And a man taller then her, with dark black hair. The same color as Nico's.

And they were holding hands.

A smile rose on my face and Sammy smiled too.

I looked up to see Nico still glaring at Leah who was purposefully keeping her eyes on the computer.

"I'm going inside," he grumbled, standing from his chair aggressively before storming into the house.

I closed my eyes and help back a sigh of exhaustion.

I stood up and walked towards the glass door to patio Leah was sitting on.

"Hey are you ok being out here by yourself, I think I'm going to over you Lorenzo's office.

"Yes. Want me to take Sammy?." She said slowly and carefully.

I grinned at her speaking progress.

I looked down to Sammy who was nodding.

"I'll be back soon," I winked before leaving them together outside.

I knew they would be fine, Lorenzo specifically placed female Cosa members outside for protection.

I walked towards his office and frowned when I heard elevated voices.

"This is ridiculous Lorenzo, you have to do something." Nico's said aggressively.

"I'm going to have to come up with something else, you know that." he said back, his voice said loudly.

"Your thinking with your dick right now," Nico said harshly.

I heard a crash from within the office.

"Say shit like that again Nicolo and see what happens," Lorenzo yelled viciously.

"You know it's true. You've jeopardized to much for the sake of Isa." Nico said, his voice gradually softening.

My ears twitched at the sound of my name.

"This has nothing to do with Isabella," Lorenzo sighed.

"Yes, it has everything to do with her," Nico yelled incredulously.