Chapter 17: Mega Man X

Sonic and Shantae were bored. Ray was hanging out with Rottytops and her brothers, Mighty was helping Sky at her hatchery, Tails was too busy helping Mimic with a new invention, and Knuckles and Amy were training with Bolo.

Classic Sonic: Well, since our friends are gonna be busy, you wanna go spend some time together?

Shantae: Heck yeah.

Sonic and Shantae headed out. They went to main street. Just then Sonic sensed something.

Classic Sonic: I sense a disturbance in the force.

Shantae: *Giggles*

Classic Sonic: But I do sense something coming towards us.

Shantae: Uh oh...

Just then the thing that Sonic sensed landed in front of them. It was big and yellow. It had a single red eye. It looked at them and it's fists raised.

Shantae: What is that!?

Classic Sonic: Don't know what it is, but it's dangerous.

Just then something else landed behind them.

???: Hey kids.

Classic Sonic and Shantae: Huh?

It was Mega Man's rival Bass.

Shantae: Who are you?

???: Where are my manners? My name is Bass. And that big yellow thing is the yellow devil.

The yellow devil smacked Sonic and proceeded to beat the crap out of him.

Classic Sonic: Oof!

Shantae: Hey! What's the big idea!?

Bass: We've got orders from Sigma to destroy the humans here.

Shantae: Not on my watch!

Bass: Oh please, what can a little girl like you do? You can't save your boyfriend.