T H R E E

"Can I have your number?"

She froze on her space staring at him, blinking for few seconds. It was something unexpected at the moment and she couldn't utter anything as she stopped breathing for good few seconds. As the silence filled the arena, she blinked away, clearing her throat, while he was trying to fix his tie, not showing the fact he just asked for the girl's number.

"sure, why not" she said, while he immediately slipped his hand inside his pocket to take out his expensive phone away. "hmm" he hummed, waiting for her to say the number. As she was saying, he nodded for the every number, typing it before saving it on his phone. "how did you save it as?" she asked, curious to know what name he has used to save it.

"oink oink" he said, a smug smirk crowded his face. "I will give a better name. dial me now" she ordered, taking her phone, waiting for him to call. As he dialed, she waited for her phone to vibrate. Her eyebrows squinted when she received no call from his side. "come on. Make it quick" she whined, while he showed his phone to her.

"I'm dialing, but it isn't ringing. May be network issue. I will try it again." He said, before dialing for the second time. "I guess I will try it some more time. But save mine as for now" he said, telling his phone number to her.

"joker. It suits you" she said, giggling to herself. "not better than oink oink." He said, seeing her number for one last time before slipping it inside his back pocket. "so Mr. Joker, you decided to stay here or leave for your better?" she said, making him check the time on his wrist watch. "shitty YN, I'm running late. All because of you. Shove yourself away, I wanna see my face before going out" he rapped immediately while she huffed in irritation before going away.

He checked himself before getting outside the house.

-

After what felt like forever for her, she woke up from sleep when the clock hit 5 pm in the evening. She had rest for the whole day after finishing her chores quickly. She thought of watching a movie but felt asleep in the mid way. She was hella tired and it was showed on her eyes.

After washing her face, she went to the mirror to not only check on her face but waited if he shows up. Even without her intentions, her feet dragged her towards the queen sized mirror. As she dried out her face, she checked her puffy yet beautiful face of hers. She smiled faintly thinking how her colleague confessed his feelings, praising her features as well.

"didn't know I was this beautiful" she said to herself, smiling widely.

"me too. I'm so beautiful" jin appeared, fingers on his chin, praising himself. "there you are, Mr. Joker" she said, dragging a chair infront of the mirror, sitting on it. Jin did the same, as soon as she saw her sitting comfortably infront of him.

"you slept so well and I could see that in your eyes" he said, while she nodded happily. "I really had a great time with myself in my dreams, until this mirror appeared in it. I was shook when I saw I got trapped inside in it. It was a vague dream but I could clearly remember everything. Funny part was you tried to save me from the mirror. But failed, you joker." She said, scrunching her nose.

"that's just a dream. And you must have did something wrong, that's why. You don't get trapped for nothing." He said, making her sigh. "whatever. So how was your day" she asked, while he rubbed his nape smiling. "it was all good, piggy" he uttered instantly.

"yah" she threw a fit making him laugh. And just like that, they spent the evening, talking with each other with topicless talks and bullshits. They didn't believe it was already past 9 and they have to cook for their dinner.

"help me, please" she begged, entwining her fingers, showing her puppy eyes. Jin smiled away, not showing his smiling face to her. "ok ok. Don't act innocent. I'm here anyway" he said, walking towards the kitchen, grabbing his mirror with him.

As they reached kitchen, he started cooking, while she repeated the same procedures as him. "I told you many times not to put finger when the oil is boiling. Why don't you learn one time?" he rapped again, seeing her doing the same mistake. It was way too dangerous than she thought. "I'm sorry. I was just-" she cut her words, washing her fingers.

"your finger gets burn and you couldn't work" he scolded, while she nodded, realizing her fault. Few praises, few scolding, few cursing, and rap in between, he thought her to cook her dinner and they were tasting it, facing each other.

He waited for her to taste and say how she made it. As her eyes grew bigger than ever, his satisfactory smile appeared on his face. "I'm so proud of myself, jin" she said, chewing her food. He couldn't help but chuckle at her. The more he was talking to her, the more she was getting close to him.

They worked like magnets. Couldn't go anyday without seeing each other, talking with each other.

-

As she was painting her nails, she was telling him her daily stories of her work. He listened, peeling the garlics. "I guess we have to go for some official trip" she said, while he paused for a second, staring at her. "how many day?" he asked, curious for the answer.

"doesn't take longer than 2 days, I guess" she said, still doing her nail job, not staring at him. "jin" she called, raised her eyes, staring at his own shining ones. "you wanna meet?" she questioned, anticipating his answer. "us? You mean, just you and me?" he questioned back, making her huff in annoyance.

"no I will call my parents as well. You are really an idiot" she said, putting back her nail polish away. He laughed in embarrassment, doesn't know how to answer for her certain question she just threw at him. "It's just me who's excited to meet" she uttered, holding her arms against her chest.

" Um.. no YN. I'm excited as well as you. Yeah we will meet" he said, while she smiled instantly. "Sure then. Once this trip get finalized, come to send me off in the airport. Sounds like a plan?" her words exclaimed her curiousness. "Sure. I can't wait then" he said, making her smile widely.

"today something happened in my office, so I texted you and dialed you right away. But my call didn't connect even today." He said, while she checked her phone immediately.

"What? I didn't receive any messages and calls as well" she said, squinting her eyebrows. " wait, lemme call you" she dialed his number and her face scrunched up when it happened again. "What the fuck is wrong?" she said, staring at jin, who was also clueless as her.

"I don't know. It feels like you are in some parallel world" he said, while she sighed out, thinking that she could never able to talk with him on phone. "don't worry, we gonna meet anyway" she said, trying to distract herself from the sadness crowded her heart. She didn't know why she was so upset about this thing. She was way too upset than she ever thought.

He hid his expressions well from her. He was way more sad than her. He really wanted to share everything then and now when something happens with him.

He doesn't know why he needed her everytime while he never met her in person.

Were they just friends?