34

MILLIE'S POV:

It was a strange time for Harry and I. It was as though our late night chat on the night of our prank had never happened. We were best friends, just like usual, but something was different.

Once again, this something was running circles around me, whether it was the reminiscing of the boys words that danced through my head constantly, 'None of this is about Tarek, I promise you', or the knowing side-ways glances at each other that kept me up at night thinking, I knew I was not alone in wondering, uselessly, about what the conversation had meant. It was as though the two of us had this little unspoken secret that we now shared, even between us, for even I barely knew what my feelings meant, but for now, that was enough.

Of course, the prank worked out perfectly, resulting in the entirety - or those who had decided to use any form of water from the pipes that particular morning - of Slytherin house had entered the Great Hall for breakfast sporting the colours of Gryffindor head-to-toe, including both Parkinson and Malfoy, who both wore the deepest scowls I had ever seen to accessorise.

"Merlin what happened?" Tarek had exclaimed from beside me on the Gryffindor table, as yet another group of Slytherin's trudged into the Hall, glaring daggers in the direction of the other houses who were roaring with laughter, and scowling at Professor's Mcgonagall and Sprout as they advanced on them with their wands, attempting uselessly to recover them all.

"It's bloody brilliant!" Ron shouted excitedly, apparently having the time of his life yelling insults in a orange-coloured Malfoy's direction, who looked as though he would've taken very great pleasure in murdering Ron on the spot. "Who do you reckon did that? My brothers?"

But a few seats down, Fred and George looking equally as shocked, though their beaming grins and sudden mischievous whispers told me that this had sparked some new ideas for the pranksters.

"Is it real?" I spluttered, barely able to breath from laughter, wiping tears from my eyes as I doubled over, having stood up for a better view. "Someone tell me it's real-!"

"Oh, it's real, alright! Want me to pinch you to prove it...?"

I squealed happily as Harry, appearing behind me, reached forward, holding out his hand as though he was going to pinch my arm mockingly, raising his eyebrows with a smirk.

"Get off, idiot," I laughed, pushing him away with a grin as he ruffled my hair instead.

"I'm so proud of us," he sighed contently, a dreamy look in his eyes as his gaze flicked past my shoulder to the Slytherin's, then back again. "I wanna do it again, and again, and again, and again-"

"Alright, calm down, H!" I warned, giggling with a twisted sort of mischievous excitement, pushing against his chest. I quite enjoyed the fact that no-one knew the real creators of this prank were the children of the infamous Marauders apart from Harry and I. "One bloody thing at a time please. For now, fancy a game of Quidditch? Dad's just sent me a new jar of Fleetwood's High-Finish Handle Polish, and I wanna-"

A small yelp escaped my lips as Tarek grabbed my hand and pulled me down onto his lap, glaring at Harry as he did so.

"Goodbye, Potter..." He gave a fake yawn, and I shivered slightly as he placed a protective hand on my knee.

Harry, however, smiled, once again his face lighting with glee upon being given a free invitation to argue with my boyfriend. I sighed, preparing myself by leaning my elbows on the table, and then my head in my hands.