50

MILLIE'S POV:

Carefully, I scanned the next page of Findley's Fabulous Charms, my knees bunched up to my chest as I sat comfortably on the floor between Harry's legs. It was very early hours of the morning, and Harry and I were the last two in the common room, his fingers playing absentmindedly with the end of my hair.

"There's no way you'll get this one right," Harry muttered from the sofa, rolling his sleeves up as the warm glow of the fire reflected in his skin.

"Try me," I said confidently, placing my index finger on the line of the page I was on.

I could practically hear the smirk on his face as he cleared his throat smugly, before reading aloud, "In your own words, summarise the Goblin Rebellion of 1612 - off you go!"

"Oh, H, that's easy," I said, with a quick roll of my eyes. "The Goblin Rebellion of 1612 was one of a series of rebellions in which the goblin population of the wizarding world revolted against the discrimination and prejudice demonstrated towards their kind by wizards and witches."

With a satisfied sigh, I tilted my head up at Harry to see him staring down at me with his mouth hanging open in shock, and I laughed amusingly.

"Are you sure they were your own words and not straight from Hermione's mouth?" he asked, raising an eyebrow cooly.

"Yes, idiot," I hummed, slapping his knee playfully.

"Ouch! Okay, fine. Where did it take place?"

"Hogsmeade, of course."

"You're too good," Harry admitted, dropping the book beside him and stretching his legs out either side of me. "It's getting late, should we turn in?"

"No!" I whined childishly, scrambling to my feet and practically throwing myself onto the poor boy's lap as he sniggered, snaking his arms round my waist and pulling me further into his chest so that his vanillary scent filled my nose. "We don't have classes tomorrow, and I've just found another potential spell you could use in the last task!"

"Mills, I doubt your gonna find any 'potential spells' I could use in Findley's Fabulous Charms," he laughed, though allowed me to pull him excitedly to his feet.

"Oh, yeah?" I asked cooly, grabbing my wand from the table. The dark-haired boy shrugged confidently, watching me with his arms crossed in a smug manner. "Rictusempra!"

I burst out laughing as Harry sunk to his knees, the sweet sound of Harry's own laugh bouncing round the common room; I had hit him with the infamous tickling charm, and he could barely move from laughing.

"Look who's laughing now!" I managed to splutter, before immediately yelping as Harry quickly recovered, grabbing his own wand from the table and beginning to chase me across the room, the sounds of both our laughter merging into one as we raced round Gryffindor Tower, shouting harmless insults at each other. Harry, of course, very swiftly managed to corner me, strolling forward with a grin as he pressed his lips to mine, continuing to walk backwards so that my back hit the wall gently, both of us melting eagerly into each other...

And then his lips were gone and I'd been hit with the same tickling charm; I exploded into fits of giggles, knees buckling as I fell to the floor, Harry now leant against the wall laughing loudly himself as I blurted, "That's not fair, you cheated...!"

"Game's the game, Mills!" He grinned that infamous smirk of his, reaching down and scooping me into his arms, carrying me towards the dormitory stairs, his beautiful green-eyes watching me fondly as he tried amusingly to quiet me.

"Can't we stay down here for a bit longer?" I whispered as the hex wore off, wrapping my arms comfortably round the handsome boy's neck. "Play a quick game of chess?"