10%

Chapter 17

There was a knock on the door that's for you August put on her robe. Happy birthday Cairo! Tanya and El walked in singing with the red velvet cake and champagne.

Oh no guys! Wow thank you El dapped him and Tanya kissed his cheek we will leave y'all to it. August took the sprinkler out the cake twirling it in the air.

Stop before you start a damn fire. Oh no. What? Let me find out you one of them anti fireworks in the city people.

Ill have you know my children will pop fireworks after every barbecue in juneteenth Mister.

Will they now June? Hehe sure will and you will help us. No way it's against my religion. What religion is this?

Thou shall not burn down thy house. Hahah! Crazy Cairo she cut him cake feeding him. Her phone kept buzzing thats him?

Yep licking frosting off her finger I should say what's up August. Hehe not yet soon.

She gave him her address and showed him pictures this is really nice baby. The landlord saw all that money and was like skip the background check.  Hahah he's lucky you're good people.

It's off jones beach there is sand on the front lawn no grass. Wow that's sweet.

You're gonna love it baby. I can't wait till I'm invited for dinner. And breakfast popping the champagne.

OPEN A CHAMPAGNE SHOWER! WOMAN! Haha! Hehe! Cairo fell asleep August put the bracelet on his arm. He woke minutes before the the guards would call his phone. He hopped up grabbed the chocolates shampoo soap even the one she used.

He noticed El put extra smiling his pockets were full. He ran past El to the basement to change he ran to the van where he was pat down.

Whats this? Tapping the link gold bracelet. He looked shocked. Damn nigger she put it in you that bad you aint see she slipped you a gold bracelet? Put that shit away man. He took it off reading the inscription. Yes alway's yes. He smiled getting his answer to his proposal inscribed in gold for him never to forget. 

The other guys smiled damn man you lucky I got stuck with the judge tonight.

You don't like her? Hell no with that snort laugh make me feel like I'm fucking my grand moms.

This aint the business for you boss. Yeah it is I'm waiting to see if El offer me a job man. Only way El gonna offer you a job is if the bitches ask for you and he see his financial loss of you walk when you get out.

Damn man no woman request me. Cause you gotta get in here tapping his head why you think they go to the spa? Sex?

Well yeah Cairo. No for attention, love switch ya game never say you love them show them love care attention affection back and foot rub's shit like that.

You have time before your release step up ya game. Thank's Cairo you staying when you out?

Me? Nah man I'm getting married doing the family thing. I feel you man I'm too young for a wifey.

At least you mature enough to realize that is all that matters man.

Quiet man can wr sleep hell we tuckered out fucking all night does that. That's cause y'all nigga's old. Haha. August called out from work she took a sick day to get the apartment in order.

Warden? Yes Morgan? Did my wife come in? Trouble in paradise? Don't fuck with me nigga did she come in or not? No she called out sick what's going on?

Something's changed in her ever since she started working in your jail. Well you recommended her for the job saying she'd be good on the medicine prescriptions Morgan.

Well? She's ok with 90 days but has to see them first. What's the issue as long as you get the 90 days what's your problem? My other bitch does your ICD 10 billing you're getting medicaid and Medicare kickbacks for shit you ain't even doing so what's your issue Warden?

Someone is big mad. Morgan eas quiet find out if she's messing with one of them jail nigga's.

HAHAHAH! Foolishness! That uppity beauty queen? Hell no nigga are you mad? I been on this job 39 years started as a clerk worked my way up.

Canived your way up--

Whatever I'm here and I know the type and that woman would die before she allowed one of these uneducated negros to lay one finger on her.

Thank you Warden. If I see her I'll tell her to call you Morgan. Make sure I get my check nigga.

Wired the 15th as alway's. They ended the call. You're not gonna tell him about Cairo?

Hell no thats the jail boss what i teach you about jail bosses?

Never cross a jail boss cause we are locked in here 50 hours a week and go home for less then half that.

Who's jail is this? The jail bosses Warden. So it's best to? Get along with them.

Facts follow those rules and you will always be a lived warden. When they step out of line you what?

Call a boss meeting. If they don't fix the problem? Tell them they are forcing you to deal with it Warden.

If I have to fix it? Services and money stops for all four bosses.

That's right. Four wings four bosses let them deal with it and collect a check.

What you gonna do of Cairo is paroled? Make him name a successor. Has he chosen one? Not yet he's waiting to get through the board so lets see officer.

Who do you think he has in mind? Word is he looking for a mid age lifer I'd say spider or dawoo.

Dawoo?! I hate that nigga he to arrogant. Yeah but I'll take Dawoo over spider shit Dawoo is gangsta royalty he come from a line of gangsta's dating back to the 1800's. He was raised for this shit.

Spider is what three generations deep? Dawoo can bring more in more money and connections he's the better choice and he's level headed. Spider is a hot head he gonna undo everything Cairo's done. Shit the west wing ain't seen this much peace since Lexington died he held it down since he was 21 till he was 80 he bypassed all them nigga's and left it for Cairo who was fresh off the street.

Niggas was mad as hell. Haha damn warden you know the history. That's my job and yours if you want my chair.

Walk with me they walked to Cairo's cell he was sleep. The warden knocked on the wall. Crack 17! The warden walked in long night?

What can I help you with warden?
Morgan called looking for Dr. Sinclair asking if she sleeping with anyone of course I denied it. Thank you.

Cairo took out a band handing it to the Warden. I can cut you in for twn percent of the medicine sales if you can get her to do a 90 day supply.

She is stubborn protective of her liscense Warden. Yes Dr. Johnson told me.

I'll see what I can do Warden convince her to do a 90 day on the low dosages and explain medicaid isn't ways reliable and its best to fill it when you're able?

Thank you Cairo. He walked out Cairo? Yes Warden? Happy birthday boss. Thank you.