The Call

Chapter 2

The meeting at work proved to be very helpful all prisoners were assigned case workers. The case workers met with them to help on various issues from drug treatment to family help to reentering society without offending again.

August made sure to take notes about the ones she knew were mandated to counseling by the court. Most seemed cooperative , ut the one they informed gives the most trouble when it came to therapy was Cairo Amin. They had no understanding why beside that ,he was a model inmate.

Kept his nose clean as far as they knew and didn't associate with known inmate's of trouble. He hung with old llifersand pretty much kept his head down. Cairo didn't have much time left in the prison he came when the old Ddoctorretired they wanted to help him as much as they could before his release.

August mandated Cairo to three times per week 's sessionsuntil his parole hearing. If he didn't make parole by law , e would be free with no mandate one year after that , o either way , e was going to be a free man.

The meeting started at one ending at three . Thestaff chatted and introduced themselves to August by four it was time for her to go home.

August walked to the front , oing through various locked ggatesto leave.

Cairo was mopping and sweeping the main hall , eading to the final exit gate to leave the building. Inmates! The two men stopped mopping and sweeping , lacing their backs on the wall.

Cairo stared at August , ocking eyes momentarily with her as she exited the building. Once she cleared the gate , ontinue! The guard yelled the old man and Cairo , etting back to work.

Damn she is pretty , in't she young boy? What  do ou mean? There are women that are ugly those are the ones you creep with after dark they tend to have the best pussy and the fattest asses.

Then you have average those women know they aren't beauty queens but they're walkable. With them you may have average looking children but none that will make it through a beauty pageant.

They you have the beauties the natural gorgeous women these women don't need make up to make them beautiful they are natural beauties. They have flawless skin pretty shaped face lips and eyes they can be any shape woman but they are still beautiful. Those the kind of women I messed with both my children mother's are from good families and both are beautiful Cairo.

Which is prettier Ole G? The first one by inches her nose is slimmer the second has a pudgy nose with more african feature's but is still gorgeous me and her still together.

You got someone on the outside Cairo? Nope not as lucky as you man. I told you when you get out of here get married a woman help's keep ya head straight keep's you out the street gives you something to come home for you know?

Yeah Ole G I know. I better be getting wedding picture's when you do ya hear? Sure thing.

August got home Morgan wasn't home he said he'd be home late because he went in late. August was use to it Morgan trying to make partner there were a lot of late night's.

August got some take out ate showered and lay in bed going over the first five case files the case manager's thought he should  review first.

Cairo's case was first a master's degree from MIT College with a degree in computer science with a minor in engineering. Ten year's for embezzlement and resisting arrest.

What happened to you? August's phone rang unknown she didn't answer. Then it rang again and again.

Hello? Hi. Sorry who is this? You asked me why I don't sit with my back to the door it's because that particular guard is violent with the inmate's and untrustworthy.

The inmate's won't see you because your office is located on the wing he's assigned. He listens outside the door and shares inmate's personal thought's with other inmate's for money.

How do you know this? Because Dr. Johansson didn't just retire because it was time, he retired because the Warden and that guard are related in some way and turns a blind eye when he does bad shit. No one's coming to see you if he's your wing officer.

What about you Cairo? I'll come because I'm mandated but I won't say much Doctor.

How did you get this number? I have a degree from MIT that's how.

Goodnight Doctor.