Drink's Anyone

Chapter 8

Thistle! Over here girl August waved her hand in the Thursday night after work lounge.

Thistle came to her hey girl kissing her cheek she sat smiling. What's new August?

I started the jail job Thistle. Yes how is it August? Great so far. Why in the hell are you blushing about a damn jail job? Wait scratch h that you around fine niggas that have bulging muscles and ain't had pussy in oh 20 year's.

Hehe August sipped her long island ice tea looking past Thistle.

Spill it bitch. August grinned her phone rang. Hey baby I see someone has facetime.

A gift from Kalel. That was nice of him baby.  Where are you? Drinks with my girlfriend. Thistle got in the camera hey. Hey how are you? Good and you? Wishing I was hanging out with you two beautiful ladies. One day honey one day soon. Are you coming to work tomorrow baby August?

Yes to see you before the weekend of course Cairo. Okay see soon baby you have fun. August kissed at Cairo.

Girl who the hell is that fine black man? He's my patient in jail Thistle.

She dropped her jaw oh my god I said live a little not jump off a damn cliff. 

You can get arrested August if he tells. He won't tell Thistle.

You know this how? Because I trust him. You trust an inmate? I trust Cairo.

Who is also an inmate August. Not for long Thistle he is getting out by probation in four months. If he's denied? One year free and clear.

What are you doing August? I'm happy Thistle I know deep down Morgan is cheating you know he's cheating--

So you become what you hate August? August gave her a look listen I'm gonna let you rock cause all through college you never ever did anythinf stupid high school always the responsible one, elementary always the Angela Davis of the black kids.

Hehe remeber we started a black history club in that all white academy Thistle?

I remember you starting it and trying to get a damn teacher to sponsor us August.

Mr Romney! They said at once he was a civil rights activist. Is Thistle I pushed his ass in a wheel chair during the Eric Garner protests.

Damn that's right August how is he? He good girl old but good! That's cool. As I was saying you get a pass girl. Just one? As many as you had Thistle?

I gotta think on it. Hehe okay Thistle. August arrived home by Uver after 3 a.m thinking Morgan would be home jealous she was out. She came home to a beautiful house my the beach with no one in it.

She sat to a shot of Tequila texting Cairo I'm home baby. He called her fast hey you made it? Yes baby I'm home.

You sound sexy when you're drunk August. I think I'm supposed to say thank you?

Haha, are you back at Folsom? Yeah I'm home. Don't say that Cairo that's not your home.

Where is my home baby? With me. The phone was comfortably silent don't say it if you don't mean it August.

I mean it Cairo I'm tired of being alone. Are we really doing this August? Doing what bae?

Planning a life together? On one condition Cairo? Yes baby anything for you.

You promise to love me and never leave side. I promise August. Goodnight Cairo.

Goodnight my love.