I Don't Want to Be

* Trigger Warning: Abusive Relationship *

When FP wakes up, he's surprised to find his bunk empty. There's an abundance of stuffed animals next to him but the tiny owner of them is nowhere to be seen. Pulling open the small privacy curtain, he looks across to find Alice's bunk empty as well.

Stretching, he registers the sounds of muffled voices and music coming from the sitting area of the bus.

He slips out of bed, yawning as he drags himself towards the noise. He finds Alice sitting with June on the couch, guiding her small hands along the neck of her tyke sized guitar.

"Daddy!" She squeaks happily. "Alice is teaching me a song!"

"I can see that," He grins, stepping over to press a kiss to the top of her head. "What are we playing?"

"You wanna show him?" Alice smiles, taking the girls hand and gently guiding it along the strings.

June strums clumsily, ringing out a not quite perfected version of You Are my Sunshine. She beams as she plays, and Alice looks so proud, FP feels his heart squeeze at the sight of them.

"Look at you go!" He cheers. "Gonna be better than us soon,"

"Might have to take her on tour with us." Alice grins.

"She'll be filling the stadiums in no time."

"Speaking of, I told Mary and Fred we'd meet them at the venue once you woke up. They were grabbing breakfast for everyone." Alice informs him, leaning into his side when he curls his arm around her shoulders.

"You coulda woke me up," He tells her. "I wouldn't have minded." Both June and Alice give him a knowing look. "What?"

"You're grumpy when you wake up, daddy."

He gapes. "I am not!"

"Yes you are!" Alice chirps in. "It's why we all let you wake up your own time, you are not a morning person."

"It's not like I'm a monster or something, I just like to sleep in a little." He blushes and Alice chuckles, reaching up to stroke his cheek.

"It's endearing," She assures him, pecking a sweet kiss to his lips. "Go get dressed and we can head on down."

<>

After soundcheck going smoothly, and a big hearty dinner before the show, Alice had tucked herself into her dressing room, giving little touch ups to her appearance as she listens to the muffled sounds of the crowd filing in.

She cocks her head at the sound of knocking and raises up from her seat, striding over and opening it up to reveal FP behind it. "Hey you," He greets.

"Hello," Alice cheekily smiles. "May I help you?"

"Well you see," He begins, shutting the door behind him as he steps inside the room with her. "It's occurred to me that we haven't had any time to ourselves in a little while."

"So you thought you would come sneak into my dressing room and we'd... what?" Alice curls her arms around FP's neck, pressing into his body as his own wrap around her waist.

"Oh just talk... you know."

"Mmm," She hums, his mouth nipping along her jawline. "I don't think that's all you have in mind."

"What would make you say that?" He teases, hands dipping low to grab at her ass.

"Where's June?" Alice asks breathlessly.