𝄞 29 | Show Times Tonight

Sacramento, California

Just some reality TV bullshit. Bare with it. Bare with it.............. I roll my eyes. It seems like every rehearsal and before shows, Paulie asks these probing questions. The questions are always so over the top probing into Asher's relationship status. If I didn't know any better I'd think Paulie was running one of those fan Twitter accounts. Which is it, Zoey or Camille? It's as if Paulie thinks if he asks this one more time that one of them will yell out I'm fucking him aren't you proud?

The boom mic guy in the two-man crew shifts his mic, and it drifts into the shot. Paulie gets angry at the two men and repeats his question again. I am not sure why this storyline above all other storylines is important for the reality TV side of the show. I know a lot of the other cast members went with the deal of no more drama between the contestants. Which in turn made it harder for Paulie to mine drama.

Paulie walks out of our dressing room and marches to another one. I shake my head when I watch him go. Tucker follows his brother out like a little duckling. The camera crew shuts down their equipment and leaves.

It's still two hours before the show starts and today's show is a group number with Asher. Even in rehearsals it really works. Zoey, Asher, and I sounded good together. I thought things would be weird between us after returning to LA. I mean I know Asher's secret, hell I know quite a few secrets of his. For some reason, I thought that one of us would be shutting the other out. I mean we aren't in an open relationship or anything. It's still low-key but at the same time, it's mostly due to the fact that I'm not really into cameras. We aren't exclusive or anything either. It's not really a conversation we have had yet. At the same time, we did make a huge step forward.

We are in a good place and I'm willing to take a good place. The dress for tonight's show hangs on a hook off to the side of the vanity mirror. My dress is white, Asher's suit is black, and Zoey's dress is white. It's almost like we are a real band who are doing a show together. Except overly dressed up. I wonder if this is what it would be like if we won and we were on tour. Going from city to city but also being on stage together performing. Being the headline act together. Asher said he spent most of his life on the road and after visiting his house I think that's a pretty good idea. That place no matter how rich and lavish it was had something just plain off about it. I wouldn't want to live there full-time. The only good thing about it was Rux, and Teddy.

I lean into the mirror cleaning off my face and getting ready to throw on my dress. It's a shoestring budget even though the show seems to be a hit. It's like all the money that would have been invested into the show isn't there. Or maybe it's to make us feel less on guard since there are so few people for the reality tv show. It's weird all the same. Most shows have people do makeup and make sure everything works. We have Megumi and a couple of set people doing everything, and she runs herself ragged. This is the last show before the winners are announced. With all the teams in a tie. It's the last chance to win everything via text and over-the-phone voting.

Zoey hugs me from behind, and we look into the mirror together. Her black dress is lovely with her long dark hair. She's ready to slay tonight. Little sparkling specs twinkle from her hair.

At this moment with the lights from the vanity shining on her, she was a rock star. Everything about her said, rockstar, whether we win or lose. That bet she made on herself as a kid was dead on. She imagined correctly, and it's coming true. Making music and performing is who she is; very little could stop that reality. She was the embodiment of star potential. When we do the show Kyle and Zo are the most popular contestants. Kyle came in with a vast TikTok following that we didn't have.

"We can do this," she smiles and her expression looks so relaxed. With her green-eyed gaze, you can see the calm command of the moment. We are so close, just a little more...

"We got this," I smiled back at her.