𝄞 23 | I-5 - Part 1

I-5 is an interstate highway that extends through the entire west coast. When I was a kid, my mother would take long drives with the four of us. My brother Maurice, Zoey, her brother Noah and I sang in the back seat. We also had the bad habit of fighting depending on if Zo and I were feeling like being shits. It was a cheap sightseeing vacation, but it was some of my favorite times in my life. The highway extends from So-Cal to the Washington border. Some of my best memories were on that highway with my family I thought it would be a cool vacation for Zoey and me. One last vacation before we went separate ways but after the photoshoot no Zo.

I sit on top of my suitcase. We were all asked to bring clothes to the photo shoot. I have two t-shirts, some pants, skirts, and some under stuff, but more than enough for the photo shoot and a brief trip. We didn't set the plans in stone but it sucks all the same. Zoey is rarely late; her dad was a military guy and lateness was something neither she nor her brother ever did. It was weird for her. My phone vibrates in my pocket.

Zoey: Paulie asked me to do a feature with Camille.

The crunchy sound of a zoom-in. Yeah, I got the hint of reality TV show cameras. Crew guys still haven't called it a weekend yet. I bite the inside of my cheeks. I've been stealthy ducking the cameras ever since I watched the show. The black bitch wasn't something I wanted the reality tv cameras to portray me as. We plan to take her car instead of mine to the mini-vacation but I guess that's that. I'm not going to stay at the hotel so I guess it's a rideshare home.

Sabali: Yeah, Zo I want to hear it when you're done!

It's been like this a lot as of late. She's super busy because she's popular with the voters. Paulie has been finding little things for her to do here and there. Which is a good thing. If Paulie is finding things for her, then he's less likely to target me which would blow back on her.

Harsh orange rays bounce off my dark skin as the parking lot heats up. No, classes because of the four-day weekend and no work. I shift my bag and my grandmother's guitar for a more comfortable spot on my back. It's always been me being boring to others if it's not school, work, music, or spending time with my friends and family. I don't know what else to do. Maybe that's when the Wheelz in me strikes again. After my high school crash-and-burn romance, I didn't try for a college boyfriend. I wouldn't call Asher a boyfriend. I'm not sure what to call Asher.

One good thing about Sacramento is we never lack in the sunshine. The hot sun warmed my dark skin. I lean into the heat and close my eyes as I lift my face to the sun. The warmth on my face vanished. I crack open one eye.

This man...

A smile that's just for him spreads across my face. I tilt my head to the side. He's still in the leather jacket and jeans but he added an open flowery shirt. His bare chest all inked up and his rings on. His hair was neat and business nice still. With his muscle thick body out there on display. A sharp buzz sensation moves through my body and heat that wasn't from the sun spreads out inside me. The deep need to lick my lips was something I desperately fought myself against. It was the thickness that did it to me. Most music guys are super skinny with tight jeans but Asher was all thickness. Built like a brick house bruiser.

Asher gazed at me with a wicked smile. He ran his fingers through his hair ruining the professional business look. It was a style that made Asher appear older than he was with the contradiction of all those inky tattoos. His messy hair is going everywhere in just the right way. I think it's that playful look in his golden nebulous eyes that gave me pause. The same look he gave me in the back seat of his stranger danger van the first time we were alone together. Reminds me of the way the snake looked at Eve when she was offered the fruit. Absolute devastation offered with a smile. The kind of smile where you know even destroyed you'd cum and like it. And ask for it again. It was in that quick second of realization that he could burn my in-world flames. As the heat from his smile pooled liquid in my center and the flame traveled in me a shudder went through my body. The third revelation that I'd let him burn it all down win or lose scared me. He was a true baddie without even trying.

"Asher...?..."

A/N: Thank you for sticking with me :).