𝄞 06 | Elevator

My finger depressed the elevator button again for the fourth time. It was taking forever, even though it was only fourteen floors. I suspected that someone was in the elevator doing other things. My impatient eyes glance to the stairs. It wasn't like my head hurt anymore, but with my luck lately, I'd be falling down on them. My bag buzzes with urgency. Then I move my journal out of the way in my bag, pull my phone, and check. With a smile, I opened the message from Zoey.

Zoey: Hey sorry about that.

She wasn't really mad, just surprised. Good. It's Zo after all.

Sabali: No problem. When I get downstairs, I'll use an app for a ride. I can text my brother and he'll do the driving. You can meet me at my house later. Stay with your date?

A little fishing, I hope she's ok and happy.

Zoey: I can drive you back.

Sabali: I will not cock block you. You're staying! *Sigh* If you are the tiniest bit interested in her, I want you to stay with her.

A part of my stomach drops a little in worry. In high school, before I left for college, it was so hard for Zoey. When you are Bi in high school, you are either Bi entertainment or you are annoying. Your sexuality is something to use for the attention of men. When it came to women, her sexuality was always about getting into women's pants. I was one of the few people she could be real with because, if Zoey was interested, she'd tell you. She wasn't interested in straight women, period. It made relationships very hard for her of any type. The worst thing that could happen was her not giving whatever that was going on a real try. Instead of taking me home when I could use an app and call my brother. He gets off from the fire station at 1 am. It's not an enormous deal for him to drive my car back to the house. I bite my inner cheek, waiting for her reply.

Zoey: Ok, ok. Did you talk to Asher about our first song choice for the show?

Sabali: Asher was busy with a bunch of women. I'll send him and Megumi the show information later. Besides, it's not like Asher would even remember my name.

Zoey: We're on the same team. He should know your name.

Sabali: Doubtful, a woman who passed out. No.

"I know your name, Sabali Lora," I jump out of my skin and launch myself towards the doors.

"Asher, you scared the shit out of me." Does he know my name?

"Hard to forget the name. Lora like the bird?" He asks and leans against the elevator, pressing the button again.

"Yes, like the bird." I look for an exit. Then shoot out a quick text to Zoey like she could save me from this moment.

Sabali: Asher is here. He knows my name. I'm freaking out. I'm freaking out!

Asher's eyes read my line in the chat bubble. Then he smirks at it.