𝄞 07 | Boo - Part 2

Fuck, the Uber driver canceled the ride

Fuck, the Uber driver canceled the ride. As the night dragged on from the after-party, the lobby got emptier. Misty ghostly fog rolled in under the lobby doors. It was well past the last call. As the chilly night stretched on the idea of calling my brother for more help wasn't something I wanted. But I was fucked. If I gaze hard enough at the phone screen, maybe conjure up a ride.

"Boo," I'm off the bench. I believe in the killer, and when someone gives me a hint, I get the fuck out of there. Smirking Asher Kells in front of me. Remember to breathe. I wasn't having a repeat of this morning.

"Asher Kells," I said back. His smirk slides from his face a little.

"Asher, teammate, just Asher. Besides, I'm just a regular guy." He corrected me and after thinking about it for a second, he was right. I was saying Asher Kells like you say a hot guy's name in high school like it's a name brand. Apart from that, I felt a little ashamed at how right he was.

In his leather jacket with band buttons and patches worn on to it. Jeans, and a t-shirt he could pass for a guy who was coming out of his favorite band's concert. He looked again my age and the music mogul corporate rockstar was totally absent. Even the after hour rockstar surrounded by models and his agent wasn't present either. He was just Asher, not Rock Star Asher Kells lead singer of the Kells. And everyone has a right to be a human being, right? But one thing that didn't leave him were those blue-gold-green hazel eyes that looked more like a nebula. I admit the obvious to myself there was something in them that made me think of nebulas. Something I wanted to learn about. So, teammate Asher, it was, deal.

My eyes slide off Asher to the man behind him going up and higher. He was huge, huge like Zoey's big brother Noah is huge. Noah's 6'7 and the black man was taller. He was the type of guy who should be playing professional football, but thicker. His dark skin tone contrasted with his tattooed and dyed white buzzed at the side high top haircut. It made him into an updated version of Mr. T, and I was a little intimidated. I held my hand out to him and he looked taken back at the hand.

"Sabali Lora, nice to meet you." I said.

"Rux, just Rux," his big hand took mine with a bemused grin on his face. "I'm the bodyguard, you don't need to greet me." That was a little odd in itself. I mean, ya he's a huge shadow at Asher's back but not greeting him seemed a bit weird. The little boy's smirk was back on Asher's face. As mischievous as any little boy in one of my music lessons. I know the expression all too well. Yeah, just a regular guy maybe.

We were stuck in a holding pattern, with no one filling the dead space after my greeting. But I had a feeling with Asher's smile he was having fun, not filling in more words and simply looking at me. I tried my hardest not to be a fish out of water and simply open and close my mouth and be a full creepier. This is why I'm Wheelz and looking back, my college friends did have me pegged correctly. It wasn't cruelty. Sometimes reality is you are a music nerd. It is what it is.

Rux seemed to be the nice guy and he picked up the conversation that was giving Asher a smirkfest. "I can take you back to the Arena after I get off work. It's less than twenty minutes." How long was he and Asher standing behind me for him to read that my scheduled ride was canceled? Rux told me he was getting off soon, right. We talked, but the smirk that was on Asher's face was disappearing during the conversation. I like Rux. He reminded me of my older brother's steady type of guy. Maybe Asher Kells the rockstar wasn't used to not being the center of attention. I couldn't figure out what was bothering him and why he wasn't talking in the conversation as well. The double doors of the hotel open and close. White nearly viscous fog rolled through the doors, following after the guy in the crew t-shirt. My teeth chatter with the wave of cold.