(your outfit)

Y/n's pov

'Do you want to take a picture?' Shi Jin asks you on top of the crowd shouting and cheering as he watches you stand on your toes to take picture of idols performing on the stage for Haesung university festival. 

'Well if people in front of me know how to sit.' you say, barely managing to even see the figures on the stage because of people who are taller than you blocking your sight. 

'I can hold you up.' Shi Jin says, moving to stand behind you. He wraps his arms around your waist, lifting you up. You watch the top of people's head as they jump up and down, before quickly opening your camera app and happily taking pictures of the performance. 

Shi Jin's pov

I watch Y/n take pictures of the idols on her phone while holding her up through the crowd, her looking happy while zooming in on one of the members. 

'Ya, it took ages to find you. So many people.' I turn to my right to see Hyungman and the others walk into the stadium, trying not to step on anyone's bags and food, Y/n still in my arms with her feet dangling in the air. 

'Okay why are you standing up holding her like your teddy bear?' Hyungman asks, watching Y/n holding her phone with the pictures of idols preciously.

'She is my teddy bear.' I say, Hyungman rolling his eyes before screaming his lungs out when the next female idol group comes up to the stage. 

'I'm- not- a doll' Y/n says, wriggling her arms trying to get away from me. 

'Of course not. You just look like one.' I say, kissing her cheek before putting her down onto the ground.

'Are you saying I look like a bear?' She asks, and I swallow watching her small fist tighten.

'No not a bear. Just... a human doll.' I say, her eyes narrowing at the nonsense leaving my mouth.

'Also, you have a teddy bear?' She says, her face looking like she's imaging me in my bear printed pyjamas holding the teddy bear to get me to sleep like a baby. 

'Uh no.' I say, but a bit too quickly.

'Yeah he does.' Daeyoung says, shoving the chicken into his mouth casually ruining my image in front of Y/n.

'No.' I say, Y/n laughing at Daeyoung mouthing 'he does'. 

'Anyway, look at that! There's your favourite idols!' I say to Y/n, pointing at the stage.

[present]

Shi Jin's pov

The soldiers slide down the rope from the helicopter onto the ruined lands, the smoke still coming out from the broken building blocks into the night air. Walking over to the medicube base, I see the medical staffs getting to see the patients. I scan for Y/n by a thread of hope, trying to see her moving busily among the staffs, without any success. 

'Remember what I said. Don't die, don't get hurt. If it's too dangerous, leave. We don't need everyone dying trying to save them.' I say, the soldiers replying loudly behind me before moving into the ruined buildings. The inside of the ruins is dark, the night setting in deeper not being much help to the rescues. I turn on the flashlight in my hand and one stuck on my head, the others following behind me. 

'You can go find her. I'll take care of it from here.' Daeyoung says as he comes up to stand beside me, and I turn my head to look at him. 

'I know you want to find her more than anybody else.' he says, looking straight ahead at the dark tunnels from the broken building blocks being piled everywhere. 

'Don't tell anyone that I am trying to save my ex.' I say, tapping him on his shoulder before turning to the right. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Y/n? Are you there?' I shout into the darkness in the town hall building, the others having moved to the mines next to the building to rescue the miners. I grab the rock peeking out from the ruins, carefully stepping onto the next point to avoid falling over. 

'Y/n?' I yell again, looking around into the rooms, blocked by pile of ruins in front of them. It had already been an hour since I started searching, without finding a shred of hint as to where she may be. But just as I turn the corner, I hear her voice, it rather flowing constantly rather than replying to me calling her. 

'...for whatever reason, Shi Jin come and ask about me, tell him I'm sorry I was acting so mean. I was actually happy that he didn't forget about me completely.' 

'Y/n?' I shout again towards the sound, but she doesn't respond to my voice, only carrying on with her monologue. 

'...I really didn't think that would be the last time we spoke...' I hear her again, her voice breaking from the tears.

'Y/n? I'm here. Are you okay?' I yell into the darkness, watching my foot as I get closer to the sound. I push the huge piece of concrete blocking my way, grunting as its sharp edge grazes my palm. Brushing the blood away, I pick up the phone on the ground, wiping the dust that has piled on top. 

'Mum, don't be too sad. I always hated it when you and dad were sad....Mum, it's me. I didn't think I would die this way but I really think this will be the last time you'll hear my voice...' the voice recorder was on, the recording playing on loop. Looking away from it, I scan the floor with my flashlight for Y/n before noticing the figure curled in the corner of the ruins. 

'Y/n?' I say as I pull her into my arms, wiping her face off of the dust with my clean palm, gently tapping her cheek. I look around her for any signs of injury, finding her nearly mutilated ankle. Pulling her once more into my arms, I let her head rest on my chest before checking that she at least has weak pulse, lifting her up. 

[past]

'If the world was full of zombies and I was the only person alive, then would you come to help me?' Y/n asks, as we sit on the floor in the old manga library, watching the summer rain outside through the window. 

'Depends. Am I a zombie?' I ask, closing the manga that I was on. 

'No.'

'Then yeah, why not? I can be your only non-zombie knight.' I say, her only raising her eyebrows up and down before returning to her book. 

'What does that mean?' I ask, playfully poking her side with my finger. 

'Nothing. Just sounded...dramatic.' She says, and I flick the cookie crumbs onto her. 

'Hey, you asked first.' 

'Whatever. Focus.' She says, putting my manga back onto my lap. I smile looking at her concentrated face on her book, sipping her coffee almost religiously. 

author's note: yes I'm a neverland.