Chapter 27

I pulled my clothes off my body and lay on the bed, watching my mum sleep. I didn't want to wake her but I really wanted to speak with her. Was she going to keep sleeping forever?

I sighed.

My brows squinted, my head facing the ceiling, I felt confusion at so many things. First of all, I had never for once seen Aunty Toyin go to work or ever say something similar to it but yet they were so rich. Or was she working online from home?? Then, there was Demola too, one minute stupid, and the other? smart.

Aunty Toyin's family was one family I didn't think I would ever understand.

" Grace!" A voice yelled, yanking me out of my thoughts.

I already knew who it was but, I still turned in the direction of the voice. And.. Yes! Of course, It was no other person than the 'Queen'.

Darling.

She stood by the door, glaring at me,annoyance written all over her facial expression. I really must have been deep in my thoughts to not have heard the door open.

"Did I offend you or something??" She asked, still glaring at me, making me want to burst into laughter, at the irony of her question.

Was she kidding me?

Did she offend me or something? I almost scoffed out loud. I could definitely list a few because this was the same human being that never failed to top her charts of annoying things.

" Why are you asking? " I asked instead, watching, her with all of my concentration.

" Go and ask your dead father! Stupid question! Why did you disappear like that today? ehn???" She snapped, still glaring.

Her reply made me want to smack her face hard.

Why would she say, I should go ask my dead father? Because, I didn't go crazy over his death, didn't mean I did not care.

"Darling, why would you say such a thing. You need to learn to watch what you say." I replied calmly, even though all I wanted to do was scream , " YOU ARE DEFINITELY VERY FOOLISH!!!"

" See this one oo!" She clapped, laughing mockingly.

" it is me you are telling to watch what I say. You have seen me finish Abi? That's why you can open that your big, wide, ugly mouth to say nonsense. If you don't beg me by this time next week call me a bastard!" She yelled, sounding extremely angry, turning to leave the room , slamming the door hard while at it. Making me flinch at the force she used in shutting the door.

What did the door ever do to her??

" Grace , what's happening?" A voice croaked, making me turn in the direction.

My mum was awake, staring at me with lazy, tired eyes. Darling's tantrums must have woken her up.

I gave a small smile.

"Hi mum" I greeted, moving closer to where she lay on the bed.

Suddenly switching up her mood, she glared at me. Leaving me to wonder her reason for glaring.

"what ?" I asked,still confused.

"What's the meaning of ,HI MUM?" she asked, rolling her eyes.

For someone Aunty Toyin had nearly described as deaf and dumb, she sure had a lot to say.

"I was just trying to greet you na. I have not really had a proper conversation with you since you came. So what's up? How are you feeling?" I replied,smiling, awaiting a response.

She thankfully had gotten rid of the glare, and sighed , instead.

"It is well."

"I want to go back to sleep, if your aunty Toyin asks of me, make sure you tell her I'm sleeping. Don't say I woke up oo!!" She replied, raising her voice for emphasis.

"Even though I don't see a reason to not tell aunty Toyin, I will respect your wishes. " I replied, watching her nod her head and turn her body in the opposite position, to continue a sleep I felt was absolutely unnecessary. Maybe a tsetse fly had affected her with a sleeping sickness.

Wasn't she tired of sleeping???

HI GUYS!

I'M HONESTLY SO SO OCCUPIED, I'M SORRY ABOUT THE LATE SUNDAY UPDATE. I WOULD HAVE LOVED IF I HAD RELEASED IT IN THE MORNING BUT...OH WELL.

SO, MY PHONE STOPPED WORKING, SO I'M USING MY LAPTOP RIGHT NOW.

FYI.. I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS CHAPTER LOOKS ON A PHONE SCREEN. ANYWAYS, RAISE YOUR HANDS IF SLEEPING IS YOUR HOBBY!(DON'T BE SHY(. ?.) )

HOWEVER, THANKS FOR READING! PLEASE VOTE, FOLLOW AND COMMENT!