Chapter 16

Ore left the office, leaving me with the registration woman who kept glancing at me.

The door opened with ore and Darling entering the office. Darling had a happy expression on her face, which to me was a good start.

Ore came back to his seat near me and left Darling to stand. Was he not supposed to stand up for her as a gentleman?

" Ma, please I need a favour from you. Please help this girl too, they are cousins." ore said, a smile on his face as he looked at the woman expectantly.

The woman raised her head from the documents and looked at Darling and I for some seconds.

"I normally do not do this but, because it's you and because you are such a sweet boy, I' d do it. What is your name?" The woman said, a smile on her face as she motioned with her hands for Darling to go on.

" Thank you so much ma. My name is Darling." She replied, a smile on her face, sounding respectful, surprising me.

The woman smiled and nodded , motioning with her hands for Darling to give her the documents she held in her hands.

We waited for what seemed like ten minutes before the woman said she was done. She had a smile on her face as she looked at all three of us.

" Welcome to the University of Ibadan. Make sure you concentrate and come tomorrow to lecture theatre one because lectures would start tomorrow." The woman said, stretching her hands to give us back our documents.

We all chorused thank you's before standing up to leave the office.

We got back to meet angry faces staring back at us. I heard someone, hiss out loud, in annoyance. I wasn't even going to judge them. Didn't they know that connections were the only way in this country??

We left the reception in silence, pretending like we couldn't see or hear them.

" Hi, I'm Darling and I'm sure you probably know that. I really do appreciate your kindness to my cousin and I. Nice and reasonable guys are rare every day. Especially if they are handsome with it." Darling said, a charming smile on her face, staring at him.  Was that her definition of flirting?

Ore looked up and flashed her a grin.

" oh, it's nice to meet you too. I'm ore durodaye, a 300 level civil engineering student. Give me your phone let me input my phone number so that you can call me if you need my help." ore replied, his voice sounding cute and velvety.

Why was Darling so annoying? Here I was thinking I was never going to meet the parrot again. Why did she have to ruin my plans!

" oh, no problem ." Darling, much to my utmost dismay ,replied, bringing her phone out from her pocket, tapping the screen, stretching her hands to give him.

Ore collected it, put in his number,now staring at me,  probably expecting a phone from me for him to input his number. I had never been more glad that I had no phone.

" oh sorry, my phone got spoilt. If you want to reach me use my cousin's line to reach me." I replied, happy that he had no way to reach me directly.

His phone rang out, making him bring it out of his pocket.

" darling, is this your number?" he asked, looking at darling.

" yes it is, I wanted to make it easier for you to reach us whenever you want." darling replied, making me want to punch her face.

" Aww, I' m already liking your vibes. You and Kemi are very great people to talk with". Ore said, making me want to burst out in laughter that he had called me Kemi.

Darling looked confused for a moment. Probably wondering why he was referring to me as Kemi.

" what do you mean by Kemi? Her name is grace, didn't she tell you?" darling asked, confused.

If only the ground could just swallow her. She just had to open her mouth, didn't she?

" Oh yeah, I'm sorry I forgot to tell you my name. I told you any name in the beginning because I still didn't know who you were yet." I replied, giving him a small fake smile.

Ore nodded.

" oh okay, I completely understand. I would do the same too. So I don't even blame you. Well, I have to run now, I'm an hour late for my class, byeee!" ore said, leaving me and darling alone.

Darling looked at me, a smile on her face.

" Good girl. You have redeemed your forgiveness. You just got me the contact of the king of dance. I can't believe you don't know that guy. He's trending everywhere on tik tok and Instagram." darling replied, happily.

How was I supposed to know who ore was? I didn't even have a phone so, how was that even supposed to happen?

"Let's go home because we need to do something about your no phone issue. How are you even living without a phone? I'll just die from boredom if it's me ." Darling added, walking away from where we stood.

How was I supposed to miss what I never had?

A/N

Another hot chapter!! 😁

Keep reading, voting and commenting. ❤️