Chapter 13

I knew it!

I knew that my village people had surely increased their sacrifice from weekly to daily so that my unhappiness would be for life .

"Hi beautiful, you look stranded. I've been watching you from a distance you look lost in thought too. Might I ask where you are going so that I can help?" A deep voice, sounding young and proud, said, bringing me from my thoughts.

Who was this idiot? Did I write "I am lost" on my forehead??

"Excuse me? Do I know you??" I replied, my voice tinged with an accent even I did not understand, letting the annoyance I felt seep into the reply.

Making a quick sweep of his appearance with my eyes, he wasn't so bad looking. He had beautiful chocolate skin that complemented his black curly hair. He was also taller than me by a lot of inches. I was of average height so, standing by him made me look like a dwarf.

Did I mention how fit he looked? Was he working out?

" I'm sorry if I'm disturbing but I just felt an electrifying pulse in my brain to talk to you. My brain told me to ask your magnificently beautiful self if you need help."He replied, an annoying yet handsome smirk on his face.

Electrifying pulse? I stared.Who was this one smiling with?

"And to answer your question, No we have never met. But, I go by Durodaye Ore and I don't mind knowing your name and why you are stranded or if you are stranded." He continued, in a really charming voice as he licked his full pink lips.

Who was this boy??
Did he think I was stupid enough to fall for his charms?
Was this not how people got kidnapped for rituals?

I needed to find my way back but the idiot was here adding to my problems.

As I opened my mouth, ready to insult him, an idea popped into my head making me change plans. I was going to milk the situation and use him to find my way to the University.

"Ohh, okay. No problem you seem like a nice guy. Plus did I mention the fact that you have a nice name? Like ore is such a beautiful name! Anyway, my name is Kemi and yes I am stranded. I left my purse at home so I am without cash, I'm also new around here so I don't really know my way around. Can you help me get to the University of Ibadan?" I replied, my voice sounding polished and sad.

He was probably falling for my story. Well, duh! I couldn't tell him my real name, I was meeting him for the first time.

"Oh, wow! This must be fate bringing us together o! Because I'm also heading there. I'm a 300 level civil Engineering student and you are probably a fresher. What department are you in?" He asked in his honey-filled voice, smiling like he had won a lottery.

Who was he trying to charm??

"Oh wow! Are you psychic or something? How did you know I am a fresher? I am studying law." I replied, in my fake accent, trying to sound nice, even though that was the last thing I wanted to do to him. I wish he knew I was only being nice to him to find my way.

"Wow, that's beautiful! It's a nice course but I heard there's no money in it. Do you really like it? " He asked, still smiling.

He didn't look like he would shut up anytime soon. Instead he gazed at me like he had a lot more to say.

Who asked such questions on their first meeting?

"Directions please ?" I replied, not wanting the conversation to go on.

"Oh, I'm sorry forgive my manners. We aren't actually that far from the school. It's just a five-minute walk from here." He replied, his voice cheerful as he looked at me and motioned with his hands for me to walk with him.

" Lord, help me tolerate this parrot" I prayed in my mind.

A/ N

😂😁Who else is loving the new character? 😂

Ore sounds fun, right? 😂😁 y'all should give me your thoughts on him. I'm sorry this chapter wasn't very long. You'd have a longer one soon. 👌

Constant updates loading...😍

You know the usual, FOLLOW, VOTE and COMMENT! Byeee ❤️