Chapter 32- Another Step Forward

Start from the beginning

I didn't have the patience to wait half an hour.

"I'll go look for her myself," I grumbled, storming off as I entered the conservatory, walking passed Milo who was trying to catch one of the many birds living in the glass dome.

Julia said this is where Angelina last was before she disappeared, and it's not like Angelina to leave someone alone, so I was thinking up the worst-case scenarios like she had unwillingly been taken away from here.

Walking down the halls of the mansion, I cursed myself for having to pick this large estate to live in when I decided to leave my parent's home, a different estate owned by the Vandenburg's. I should have bought a small house for myself, that way I could be closer to my wife.

My thoughts were cut short as my ears perked up at the sound of familiar voices talking in the distance, and I didn't need more than a single guess to recognise her voice.

"And who the fuck are you to meddle in my business?"

I didn't need a second guess to figure out who that despicable voice belonged to either.

And with that realisation, my legs picked up their pace as I started walking faster towards the scene that I already knew I wouldn't like the sight of.

"...It's Leandro Gonzalez. And I guess it's not very nice to meet your acquaintance, is it?"  My legs came to a skidding halt when my ears picked up on those words.

Well, on the bright side, I found him.

And as I turned the corner, my breath got caught in my throat at the sight in front of me, and not in the good way as it usually is when I see her.

Two people that I very much did not like, holding her by a hand each. What a horrid sight to have to behold this late at night.

"How about both of you let go of her?"

Three sets of eyes all darted to look my way, three vastly different gazes. My Angelina looked relieved, the Moretti looked even more annoyed, and the Gonzalez, well, I couldn't tell with him. I never really could.

"Well, well, well, would you look at who's decided to join the party?" Leandro smirked my way as I swiftly moved in to take both his, and Donovan's hand, away from Angelina before pulling her back to me, masking my face with an emotionless look.

"It's a party that I'm hosting, why would I not be a part of it? Besides, you are the uninvited guest who's wandering around someone else's home unsupervised, wouldn't you say that's quite rude?" I turned to look at the man, raising a brow as I did.

"The only thing I find rude right now is how both you men interrupted the conversation I was trying to have with my wife," Donovan snapped from the side.

"You mean ex-wife. Because she's my one and only wife, what happened to your Nivea?" I smirked, purposely getting her name wrong to rile him up even more, and it definitely worked.

"Forget his Nivea. You invited me, and I showed up, so I don't understand what the problem is," I turned back to look at Leandro when he spoke.

"I sent you an invitation which you declined, so therefore, the invitation was retracted. Is that not so easy to understand?" I ruffled my hair as I spoke.

"Well, you know being in my line of work is unexpected. I could be free one moment, then busy the next, you of all people should know that," He sighed as he spoke, placing a hand on my shoulder as I shrugged him off.

"I still did not get a proper introduction, who the actual fuck are you?" Donovan cursed, glaring at the blonde man whose smirk was unmoving.

"Goodness, is that foul language really belonging to a Duke? I'm disappointed," If anyone knew Leandro, they would know that this man was always smirking even in the worst situations. He always acted smug about everything, which is why no one really liked him.