Izuku opened it with ease--it was not locked. Inside, he went straight over to the curtain, opening the window. He knew that he shouldn't look around. It would bring back those flashing memories in the back of his mind. 

     He hopped over the windowsill and landed on arid land. The ground was cracked and dry, obviously due to the heat. 

     The others followed, and from there, they moved further out until they reached their horses. 

     "We didn't expect the extra people," Hanta nervously said, rubbing the back of his neck and blowing out a breath. "To be honest, we all thought you guys were dead," he said, being blunt.

     Izuku hummed. "We only have two horses. Even with two people per horse, that leaves three of you behind."

     Rei nodded. "Yes, indeed. Fuyumi, go with these two. Your brothers will remain here with me."

     Fuyumi shook her head, her white hair bouncing. "No, mother. If anyone, you should go with them. Or Touya or Natsu."

     "Diplomacy and strategy have never been your knuckle-headed brothers' thing," Rei said, smiling softly. "And I will be dead weight. Your brothers will be fine, and they'll need me with them. They might fight each other to the death if not so."

     "We should get going," Izuku said coldly, surprising Katsuki. If anything, Izuku was always the one to say that no one would be left behind. Hanta just shrugged with a small smile when Katsuki's confused gaze asked him a silent question.

     Fuyumi begrudgingly nodded with her brothers telling her that she should go. Katsuki had apparently been bold to assume that he would be sharing his mate's horse. 

     Izuku lifted Fuyumi--with what seemed like no effort at all--by the waist and placed her onto his horse before getting himself on in front of her. 

     Katsuki swore he snapped a muscle when he saw Izuku whisper instructions to her. A moment later, she wrapped her thin arms around his waist. Izuku spared him yet another glance, and this time, their eyes met. Something like amusement shined in his mate's eyes. But before he could say anything, Izuku was already heading back towards their camp. 

✴✴✴

     When they returned to the camp, Izuku helped Fuyumi get off before going up to Katsuki. Said blonde was about to snap. He had spent the entirety of the ride watching his omega get in real close with some beta princess. 

     However, before he could say anything to his mate--perhaps an apology (as he couldn't stand this cold treatment from his mate any longer)--he felt warm arms wrap around him. 

     "Don't be stupid like that again," he heard Izuku mumble out--his face buried in his chest. He saw his shoulders tremble slightly, and Katsuki felt like he had been punched in the face. 

     He immediately embraced his omega back, nuzzling his face into his mate's neck and successfully scenting him. He was glad Izuku was still fully trusting of him. He would have to make it up to him. He placed a chaste kiss onto their mating mark, gazing at it with a sense of pride. The mark he chose. 

     He felt Izuku squirm a little, and red eyes were suddenly met with green. Tears dotted the latter, and Katsuki's instincts were going crazy. He didn't want to cause him more pain. It was the opposite, and yet here he was. 

     "Promise me that you won't act like that again, Kacchan," he pleaded, and Katsuki couldn't do anything but nod his head. "Say it, Kacchan. Say you promise."

     "I promise," the alpha muttered, meaning it. He would never put Izuku in this painful position twice. Not after seeing how heartbroken he was. 

     "Good, because," Katsuki heard him pause. "Because if you do, we won't forgive you."

     Katsuki nodded once again, leaning into his mate, until he heard his mate repeat his phrase. "We won't forgive you, Katsuki."

      "Yeah, I know," Katsuki whispered, nuzzling his mate once again. 

     Izuku rolled his emerald eyes playfully, "No, Katsuki. We won't forgive you. We."

     Katsuki tilted his head, "What? Who else needs to forgive me?"

     "Your child," Izuku said bluntly, turning on his heels and walking away. He had tried to get it through Katsuki's thick skull, but apparently, he wasn't going to realize anytime soon.

     "Wait. What?!"