20. Epilogue

################################################################################

I dedicate this book to my wonderful reader @NidaLatif0. Dear, you kept me going this long by reading, commenting and voting. I felt while writing this book as if I were telling a story to you. Thank you for your support, it means a lot to me.<3<3<3

################################################################################

Four years later

It was a warm summer morning and Vasudev was done talking to Damodaran and went in search of his children."Achacha, have you seen the kids?" he asked Subamaniyam. Subramaniyam had retired completely from the affairs of the business and was now run by Mahadevan and Vishnu who had returned to Paarakkal for good.

"Gowri took them outside to show mango blossoms", said Subramaniyam who was sitting on an armchair reading a book.

In the grove behind the home Gowri was at the asthithara of Anand.

"How have you been Anand?" asked Gowri, a boy of four, in shorts and shirt was playing with a cute little toddler in a baby blue frock at a distance. "I am fine, our son is now in upper kindergarten. He enjoys school a lot, he will be as good as both of us in studies, but I won't approve of him outsourcing his homework. He loves Paru a lot is a good elder brother to her. Vasudev is as always, a loving father and he is not getting any rest from both our little angels. Please watch over all of us", her eyes became moist. "By the way, Niyaz called yesterday, they had their second baby, another boy. And as you know Harshan has been in a relationship with Sara and his parents are still against the union. Why is it so easy to accept an older man with a younger woman, but if the woman is just three years older, no one agrees? I really hope that they have luck on their side and will be together", she said wistfully.

"So you are here talking to Anand", said Vasudev as he came and stood next to her.

"As usual, there isn't much I have to tell him, every time I am here I talk to him, so he is pretty much updated. And I don't cry or get emotional as I used to", said Gowri with a smile.

Vasudev smiled back and said, "By the way Vasant called, he is settled well in Bangalore, but finding it difficult to fit into the job".

"I am sure he will get used to it", said Gowri.

"Yes, I am sure as well. Now get ready, we have to leave in a few hours", he said and then turned to Ashok and said lovingly, "Ashok, hold Paru's hand and lead her here. We have to go home". They were staying in Thiruvananthapuram for the past three years where Vasudev was building his business and Gowri was working in a construction and real estate development firm.

Ashok gently led his sister to his mother who kissed him on his forehead and lifted the toddler in her arms and planted a kiss on her chubby cheeks.

"Now all of you go, I need some time with him", said Vasudev. This surprised Gowri since he never talked to Anand's ashthithara. So she smiled a goodbye to it and left with the children.

Vasudev cleared his throat and said "Anand, I never speak to you because I feel like I am an imposter living the life meant for you. Sometimes I wish that things panned out the way that you wanted, but sometimes I am glad that it didn't. Not because I lost you, but because I won't trade anything for what I have right now", he said glancing at Gowri and the kids who were standing under a mango tree at a distance, she was showing the children the mango blossoms. "Whatever I have received, I honor and cherish it and protect it with my life". He pinched the inner corners of his eyes to stave off the tears and said, "Dear brother, wherever you are, I hope that you are happy, because right now, I am the happiest I could ever be" said Vasudev and he gazed gratefully at his family.

################################

###                       THE END                       ###

################################

############################################

# Please vote, comment and share this chapter #

#Your votes will help this book reach more readers #

############################################

#Thank you @lostlovefairy for the wonderful book cover uploaded here. You are amazing.