18. Fight for the lost one

Malathi was the at the end of her nerves fervently dialing Pranav who was refusing to pick up his phone and just as she was about to give up hope, Pranav entered Kalarikkal.

"Why don't you pick up your phone?" shouted the usually calm Malathi, scaring Pranav and his aunts.

"I was on my way, so I did not think it made any difference", said a rather confused Pranav.

She quickly grabbed him and dragged him into their bedroom and locked the door from inside.

"What's the matter?" asked a rather alarmed Pranav.

"Vasudev and Sreekumar are going to have a fight, please intervene and save Vasudev", said Malathi.

"They are brothers Malathi, they can sort out their differences between them. Besides I am no one to them and they both hate me", said Pranav.

"They won't sort it out, he will kill Vasudev the way he killed Anand", blurted out Malathi.

"What are you saying?" asked an astounded Pranav and Malathi told him about the relationship between Anand and Gowri, how he was the father of Ashok, how Vasudev had initiated the marriage to save Gowri and Ashok and how Anand and Gowri had saved Pranav's dam the last time. She finally ended with how Anand was killed by Sreekumar.

The whole world was spinning around for Pranav and he had to sit down on the bed to calm down and make sense of what was happening.

"Malathi, I can't believe what you just said. I will never forgive you for keeping all this information to yourself, you could have shared it with me", said a trembling Pranav.

"Then what? See you getting killed by that vile man? You hate me all you want, but please save Vasudev. Gowri really loves him and she will be devastated to lose another man that she loves. We at least owe that much to Anand and Vasudev. She had gone to save him, he doesn't know what Sreekumar is capable of, please rescue both of them before Ashok becomes an orphan", pleaded Malathi.

Pranav's went steely with resolve. He got up from the bed and said, "For the time being, let us keep this as a secret among ourselves, but I will do anything to save both of them". He got out of the bedroom and went into the dining room where Dinesh, Akhil, Nikhil, Anjaneyan and Kartikeyan had come for lunch.

"Da, grab your guns, we have to save our sister and brother-in-law", shouted Pranav. Instantly the rest of the boys jumped up from their chairs and grabbed their rifles from the shelves and got into their jeeps. Pranav drove like possessed to the infamous farmhouse of Sreekumar.

"What is going on?" asked Keshavanunni.

Malathi said to him, "Achacha, they have gone to save Gowri and Vasudev from Sreekumar. He plans to blow up Pranavettan's dam. He had already killed Anand and will have no qualms to finish off Vasudev too".

Keshavanunni was flabbergasted, but he collected himself and rushed out to find his driver and directed him to drive to Paarakkal.

Subramaniyam anger over grandsons' decision hadn't abated, and was having a heated argument with his own sons and grandsons when Keshavanunni barged into their living room.

"What the hell are you doing here?" shouted a surprised Subramaniyam.

"You have been accusing my grandson Pranav of killing Anand, I just got to know the truth that he was killed by your nephew Sreekumar. He and Vasudev are going to have a fight and he doesn't know that Sreekumar will have no regrets killing him as well. I want to save my son-in-law, if you want to save your grandson come with me before its too late", shouted Keshavanunni.