I don't regret my decision for one second but I did feel a little overwhelmed with everything going on. I needed to talk to someone. I dialed Barron's number. He was the first person that popped into my head. To my surprise, he picked up on the first ring.

"Hey." His voice was strained and tired.

"Hey." I sighed exhausted but still happy to hear his voice. "Are you okay?" He asked and I let out a soft chuckle.

How do I begin to answer that question?

"Yeah, I'm okay, I guess." I said sadly and I began sniffling. I guess it was easy to tell that I have been crying by the tone of my voice.

"Stay there, I'm coming," Barron said before he hung up the phone.

After a couple of minutes, he showed up at my door. He wore a white tank top and black sweatpants. His face was fatigued and his hair was disheveled.

I wanted to jump in his arms but I decided against it. That's why it took me by surprise when he wrapped his strong arms around me and pulled me into a kiss.

When our lips connected I felt a sense of overwhelming relief.

"Hi." He said after he pulled away from our kiss.

"Hi," I smiled at him before I let him into my apartment. His eyes were glossed and he seemed out of it as well.

"You're okay?" He asked tugging my hand and pulling me closer to him.

I rested my head on his chest and took his scent in. I can't give an explanation why a man I've known for less than six months became such a huge part of my life. He has become my sanctuary.

I raised my head to look at him. He was looking down at me with concerned eyes. I didn't blame him. It has been a rough couple of hours for me. I placed my hand on his cheek. I admired his beauty. It's no secret that I find Barron to be an attractive man but he's more than that. He's the kindest most genuine man I've ever met. It makes me wonder if I had met him in college would I have stayed with Melvin?

"Come on mama, talk to me. What's the matter?" He asked after a few moments of me just staring at him like some psycho.

"Nothing," I said before I leaned in to kiss his lips. The realization of just how much I liked this guy hit me like a ton of bricks. The fear of his reaction to what I was about to say was unnerving.

He has everything going for himself. The situation with Todd may look like baggage to him and there was a huge chance of him breaking things off.

I licked my lips and let out a deep exhale. If I had to choose between him and Todd, I have no choice but to choose Todd. I can't and won't send him to live with Tanya and her mother.

"There is something I need to tell you." I was beyond nervous about how he will take the news that I impulsively took Todd in and I'm not planning on giving him back.

I tugged his hand and lead him to my sofa. We both sat down beside each other. I looked him in the eye and fought through all of the mental gymnastics going on in my mind.

I needed to tell him about Todd before we get too far.

"What did you need to tell me?" Barron asked brushing his fingers along the side of my face.

"I'm sorry I canceled our date." I sighed. "It's fine." He smiled. "It looks like you had a lot going on anyways." He said passing his hand over my thigh. "Yeah, I did." I sighed.

Barron held my hand and I mustered up the courage to tell him the truth.

"Just to let you know, my dad does not just stop by on a whim like he did the other day. He needed to talk to me about something important." "I figured. Your reaction was hilarious." He chuckled.