Birthday Party (part 1)

"Well, well, look at who has decided to honor us with her presence, finally".

Frida turned when she heard those words behind her as she closed the door of the house. She smiled and started unbuttoning her coat.

"I'm a good soul, I couldn't stand you up again or I'm sure I wouldn't get away with it this time around".

"And you're absolutely right" Agnetha replied with a smile when she reached the last step of the stairs and went hugging her friend "How are you?".

Fride gladly accepted her embrace and closed her eyes for a second, sighing immediately afterwards "I'm fine" she said, nodding to give herself strength.

Agnetha stared into her eyes and distractedly smoothed her red hair "Good. And tonight is going to be unforgettable" she told her, taking her hands.

The two laughed and made a great scene analyzing both their respective outfits.

Agnetha had a long white dress with silver sequins and a gold-colored belt and stones set at her waist, sleeveless and with a chain that wrapped around her neck. Her blonde hair was loose on her shoulders... She was beautiful, she looked almost angelic.

Frida, for her part, had also chosen a long dress, but green and sleeves wide at the elbows; she had a bronze band around her waist and a plunging neckline that made her eye-catching but not excessive at the same time.

The two, hand in hand, climbed the stairs of the Fältskog-Ulvaeus house quickly to reach the large room on the 2nd floor, where a party that the couple had given to celebrate Björn's birthday had already been going on for a couple of hours.

The room was filled with the couple's friends and family and Agnetha and Frida made their way around, waving and kissing as many people as they could count. They finally arrived at the corner bar and Agnetha immediately asked the bartender hired for that evening to prepare some scotch for Frida and some whiskey for herself.

"Wow, it almost feels like in one of those Austrian princess Sissi television dramas" Frida said with a laugh, looking around the great hall.

Agnetha leaned on the counter with one arm and turned towards the room "You know how Björn is" she sighed "When I proposed to him to just buy a cake with candles and celebrate at home with the children, I really thought he would leave us definitely at that precise moment".

Frida laughed at her and touched her shoulder "I think you do it now more to test his heart and his patience than anything else".

Agnetha stared at an unspecified point in the room and sighed "Yeah, I think so too" shaking her head, she looked at her friend "So, tell me, how have you been in these days?".

Frida sighed and said "Better... I tried to focus a little on myself and find a balance. I tried to spend more time with the kids too".

Agnetha turned to the bartender, who had just placed the drinks on the counter, and nodded in thanks, taking a sip of her whiskey "Did you have a chance to talk to him?".

Frida immediately became serious and stood straighter, turning to take the glass and take a sip "No and I don't plan to".

Agnetha took another sip "You know... Well, you know he'll probably be around tonight, right?".

Frida took another sip of her drink and replied "I had taken it into account, of course. But I know how much you wanted to have me here and, as much as your husband never fails to tease me with his jokes, I wanted to celebrate his birthday with him".

Agnetha smiled briefly and touched her arm "And that's right. I am happy that you have finally decided to leave the house and come and spend a few hours in our company".