CHAPTER 2 : The Shadow

Ms. Marison's office:

Mr. Harrington, Mr. Rick,Mr.Michael, Ms. Rachel were the four assistants of Ms. Marison.

"I think all of you have already received the information about our next case. ", Said Ms. Marison.

" Why should we open an unsolved case..,"and already closed case!! ", Mr. Rick interrupted Mr. Michael.

" There is no personal reason Mr. Rick. ", replied Ms. Marison.

" Sorry to ask you this Ms. Marison.Is it because late James( investigated Breckin's case earlier) is your brother? ", Asked Ms. Rachel.

" I already said that there is no personal reason. You all know that me and my brother were in no touch for more than 10 years. " Explained Ms. Marison.

"Then why should we even deal with a case which was unsolved and closed 4 years ago." Mr. Harrington added up quickly. " Also we knew that Mr. James death was also a cause of Breckin's case."

"The answer is in your question itself. I urged to reopen the case because it is unsolved still. Now please everyone calm down!! " Requested Ms. Marison. " You guys very well know that there is no case that I have left unsolved, I have completely solved and closed more than 25 cases. I don't want this one to be left, also you said that my brother was dead because of handling this case, I don't know if it's true but if that is true then there is something that has been not yet brought in the eyes of justice yet!! " Exclaimed Ms. Marison.

" we will co-operate Ms. Marison. ", said Mr. Michael.

" Well, we will start investigating from tomorrow let's proceed with Breckin's case and search if there is any link for Mr. James case. ", commanded Ms. Marison.

At 11 pm:
In Harrington's place:

" Still, I am not going to agree with with Ms. Marison. Can't we just take some other case which is more interesting? Are you all okay with this? " Asked Rick.

" Ms. Marison has always been my inspiration, so I think she is up to something more stranger." Said Mr. Michael.

" Same here guys! But she isn't my role model though. Yet I am interested because we are gonna deal with two cases at a time so that our salary is gonna increase. " Said Ms. Rachel.

"Come on man! Why are you worrying about this. It's just an another case. " Mr. Harrington said by expressing calmness .

[ people started giving their won opinions and had 2 hours of discussion.]

Rachel was feeling something is wrong around her,Suddenly  Rachel noticed a Shadow in the balcony. She felt that someone has been overhearing them.

Suddenly Rachel hitted the table with her fist and whispered "shh..! There is someone out there in the balcony. ", Ms. Rachel in fright.

( everyone looked out and encountered the shadow of someone. Everyone started pretending like they didn't see anything and were  talking more louder.)

" Hey guys! Shall we all have a champagne? " ,Rick said.
Meanwhile, Harrington and Michale slowly moved towards the curtain hung to the balcony window.
" Ya sure, I would love to have it while watching a movie! " Rachel said in disguise.

Harrington and Michael pushed the curtains, Rachel and Rick pointed the revolver. Everyone were stunned for a while!!!

To be continued......