MIFUNE AND SUZUKI - PART 1:

Start from the beginning

My father Daisuke, my mother Kaori, my sister Kaoruko, and myself.

Now my father was introducing me to a boy I had never met, and telling me to make friends with him.

Even though my best friend was on the verge of slipping through my fingers and moving to Hong Kong.

SHIORIKO: "Could we at least call Lanzhu to join us? She's moving away soon..."

DAISUKE: "You'll still have time to play with Lanzhu. I'll ask Tao if she can visit later.
I just... I need this of you, Shioriko. Meeting Suzuki may be terrifying, but meeting his son is even more so..."

SHIORIKO: "Why?"

DAISUKE: "Because... He's the future of their family. If he harbors a resentment for us at a young age, then our families will never know peace."

SHIORIKO: "He sounds scary."

DAISUKE: "More than you know. But I'm counting on you to make friends with him. Please, Shioriko."

As second-in-line to the Mifune family leadership, it was rare that my father would rely on me.

I knew that he loved me with all of his heart, but he would often leave me to be attended to by our house servants.

Kaoruko was the one who got all the attention. I was just an insurance policy if anything happened to her...

But I wanted to make my father happy, to show him that I matter too. So I swallowed my pride, put a smile on my face and agreed.

 So I swallowed my pride, put a smile on my face and agreed

SHIORIKO: "...I'll do it."

DAISUKE: "That's my girl."

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

DAISUKE: "They're here. Best behavior, Shioriko. Head to the lounge and wait for me there."

SHIORIKO: "Understood."

I turned away to walk to the lounge, but my curiosity got the better of me.

I hid myself and eavesdropped on the conversation.