After Impact

It was all fun and games until she slipped into the street. Trying to balance herself on a rail, a witlessly and speeding car drove a couple feet away from her. She lost her balance sadly, I thought it was all over. 

In oncoming traffic I rushed towards her. It was all on instinct and what I thought I never had the will to do, became obviously apparent that I did. A distracted driver wasn't watching the road came about. Quick like I picked her up, and threw her onto the sidewalk. Then with memories flashing my conscious and critical moments being replayed in my brain, It was only mere seconds till I felt the most excruciating pain I have ever felt. Period. I was knocked out almost instantaneously. Multiple broken bones, and in a vital life condition. All for a girl, a girl who I might not even see again.

Fading in and out of vision, I couldn't fully piece together what happened. First I was lying on the cold, uncomfortable, and dust filled pavement. Secondly I remember being talked to by a paramedic, while becoming conscious and unconscious at the same time, chances were I gave an unclear answer. For what seemed as the longest time now, I wish I told her I liked her. Now worried about the vitality of my life, I sadly thought I might never have that chance again. Ever...

I opened my eyes, I saw the cloudy sky with blurry faces moving with me. Instances after I saw a beige ceiling, the faces were talking to me, and I couldn't make out the words. Through another doorway I moved and swiftly a mask was put on my face. My cold, lifeless, face. I faded into a world of dreams and forgot everything that had happened. For once, even Isabelle.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Where is William, is he okay?

How do you think Isabelle feels?

*Leave a comment.