Rock Bottom

Time went on, over months she hadn't mentioned any pain in her head or anywhere else thankfully. It seemed life was perfect, I was dating Isabelle, I was dating an angel. It was summer again, I was recovered and I and Isabelle are getting close to marriage. I started pondering on the dream, the dream that fulfills my life. So much to plan, so much to make. Storms agonize my brain, I thought about every possibility and what would be best for Isabelle. As time closed in I went shopping for a ring online, something sparkling, shiny and iridescent. Diamonds of love, heart of gold. I ordered the perfect ring with the inscription "Complete". It was the only possible way to describe our relationship.

I and Isabelle talked every night, somehow I managed to keep it a secret for this long. I managed to hide the irresistible joy that was building up ever so strong. I planned the final date, a walk in the sunset, a trip in dreams. Isabelle walked with me, we sat down by a fountain, and slowly I took down on one knee.

"Isabelle, are you okay!"

"Isabelle please I need to know now!" Wordlessly she broke down.

She started to cry, this wasn't the act of being surprised though, something was wrong. Something was in pain, Isabelle was in pain. She cried for straight minutes until I got an answer out of her.

"I can't take the pain William, please help, please." She whispered whimpering and sobbing, the tears flowed with such a abundance.

It was the headaches, they were back and worse than ever. She fell down clenching her hair, pants wet with tears. I grabbed her and held her for a minute or two. She cried in my arm as if she had taken a bullet. Thoughts raced my mind, creating opportunities, how could I help? How could I be useful with this? Sadly I couldn't be useful, the pain was too great. I picked her up for the second time and literally carried her to emergency. I cried almost every step of the way. Every step was like thorns entering the soft areas of my feet. Painful splinters that I couldn't remove.

We arrived at the hospital, painful memories recreated, and my arms were burning. I would never let go, I would never give up what I and Isabelle had flowing. The happiness that flowed through our veins and was the cure of all of our unforgettable pain. The nurse walked out with what seemed to be a relieved expression on her pale face. She gave me the uttermost hopeful news I could ever ask for. Anything to bring my rock bottom spirits up. Even though I've already very much hit rock bottom, I still have hope in us, and whatever happened, happened. The nurse said that Isabelle was in stable condition and was being helped by the best hands that work. I could only fear for her life, and the my heart was shattering due to the overflowing amounts of fear.

*Leave a comment, please.

Will Isabelle be okay?

How will William recover emotionally?