His First Love

"Good morning, Junior, how are you today? How was your weekend?" Asha asked as she entered Junior's car. 

"Good morning, Asha, I'm well, thank you. My weekend was great, spent part of with my parents, and I received some good news as well. And I got enough time to rest also". He looked over at Asha. "What about you?"
"I am well too. My weekend was good but filled with lots of teasing. My sister came over yesterday. And my mother went on and on about how a certain man bought expensive food for her." She chuckled. "Well, it was great seeing my nephew and playing with him again after months, so I guess that was good compensation".
Junior laughed. "It looks like she isn't going to let this food thing go, huh? I'm glad it is all fun and games though and you didn't get into any trouble".
Asha smiled.

"So, have you thought of where you would like to have lunch after the news today?" Junior asked.
"Yep, I have, actually. I'd like to go to Piwol's."
Junior turned to look at her, surprised. "I was really hoping you wouldn't choose Piwol's". He paused and took a deep breath before going on. "Asha, allow people to do nice things for you, you deserve it, and it wouldn't hurt anyone."
There was an awkward silence because Asha didn't know how to respond. She didn't want Junior wasting any more money on her at these expensive restaurants, but it looked like she hurt his feelings. Junior broke the silence.

"Okay, Piwol's it is! It's been a while I went there anyway. I miss the quiet and good food!"
Asha laughed, "here I was thinking you no longer liked Piwol's."
"Hah, that is impossible. Piwol's is a favorite and will always be. Do people forget their first love?"

Asha laughed. They continued in their banter. About 10 minutes away from Asha's office, Junior brought up the interview.
"So, how are you feeling about the results?"

"Hmm, to be honest, I'm not sure. My feelings are all over the place. One moment, I am hopeful and ready to hand in my resignation letter as soon as I get to the office. The next moment, I'm wondering if I was good enough." She paused. "But mostly, I am grateful for the opportunity to have gotten that far in the process, and even if I don't get the job, that's okay. We will look for other opportunities." She smiled at Junior. "Won't we?"
"Of course, we will. There's no way we're allowing mediocrity to our space".
They both laughed as the car came to a stop.

"Asha, let me know how it goes when you get a reply from them. And let me know when we shall go for our lunch."
"Thank you, Junior. I will call you."
"Have a good day."
Junior headed to the office.

✨✨✨

So we know Junior is good at keeping secrets!

We're one step closer to Asha receiving the call! Can you tell I am excited she's about to be excited?!
What are your thoughts on how Asha feels about Junior spending too much on her? Could it be because she doesn't want to feel she owes him anything?

And I promise Asha will receive the call in the next chapter!