➀ Sano Shinichirou ୭ ✧ ˚. ᵎᵎ

╭──────────────────────╮

╰──────────────────────╮ ╭──────────────────────╯╰┈➤ "𝑰'𝒎 𝒐𝒇𝒇 𝒕𝒐 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌

╰┈➤ "𝑰'𝒎 𝒐𝒇𝒇 𝒕𝒐 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌." Before I could even answer, the door was shut, leaving me alone in the silent house. The only noise being from the old clock as I flipped through a boring magazine.

It wasn't like I wanted to see him off anyways.

Married life had become dull after so long. The first few years of our marriage seem like a distant memory now, a time when both of us still had a spark. Now it's an endless cycle, Shin does off to work dull and comes back just as grumpy.

Both of us barely even spoke to each other, besides just casual conversations. I began to miss our younger days when we were just dating. I could talk to him for hours on end, to the point his ears would bleed. Yet he would still listen, and intently at that. Everything seemed so perfect back then.

When did it all go wrong?

__ __

Shinichirou returned from work, slumping himself down onto the couch to watch TV and unwind. As routine, I was sitting at the table reading magazines and scrolling through my phone.

"No dinner again?" He asked suddenly, his eyes still turned at the reporter on the TV.

"I haven't cooked you dinner in forever, why are you even asking?" He didn't bother to respond, instead still carelessly watching the news. It wasn't until a long while after, he spoke again.

"This reporter has eyes like yours, so clear and bright. They aren't as pretty though. I could stare into your eyes for lifetimes." His sudden compliment made me look away from my distractions, completely dumbfounded at his sudden statement. Immediately my cheeks began to heat up, and I stared at Shinichirou waiting for him to say something else, which he never did.

"You think my eyes are pretty?"

"Yeah." He stayed glued to the TV, which I was unaware that, at the time, it was to hide his absolutely red face.

__ __

The next morning I did my hair for the first time in a long while. I felt silly, suddenly getting done up for my husband. But his compliment last night gave me a slight hope that we could maybe restore what we once had, even if it was only half of what it used to be.

"I'm off to work!" Unlike his usual dead tone in the morning, Shin seemed a little more excited. He was even more surprised to see that I was standing at the doorway, bowing my head slightly.

"Have a good day at work." He only nodded at me with wide eyes, slowly walking away from the house, looking back at me now and again out of disbelief.

As before I was left alone in the silent house, listening to the ticking clock. I felt ridiculous for trying so hard to restore our marriage, getting all done up and seeing him off. His response was so hard to read that I was constantly second guessing myself.

What the hell am I even doing? What could Shin be thinking?

__ __

Shinichirou finally returned home, as I listened to the front door open and close. Even though I was feeling self conscious about earlier, I still greeted him again nonetheless. Better to go all out now than just give up half way.

"You're back a little late." I looked at him with a slight suspicion, since this was the first time he's come home somewhat tardy. He shyly rubbed the back of his neck, his other arm clearing holding something behind his back. Slowly he brought the item to the front, offering me the beautiful bouquet of flowers he'd purchased.

"Here, I thought you might like these..." I was so shocked I was almost brought to tears. I took the giftfrom him, admiring each beautiful flower, the colorful petals shining almost.

"Thank you, Shin. I really love it." He blushed young hearing this, looking for anything he could change the topic with before he exploded from giddiness.

"Wait," he paused to sniff the air, "did you... cook dinner?" I shyly nodded, leading him into the dining room. Laid before us were some classic dishes I knew how to cook well. Shinichirou gazed in amazement at the neatly set table.

Both of us started to eat in silence. It appeared all these years of indifference made our sudden romance become awkward. It was like we were kids again, only just having a crush on one another. I could feel the watchful eyes of Shin, staring at me while I ate.

"Stop staring so much." I didn't mean this in an angry way, just that I was starting to feel self-conscious, my fact heating up from all the embarrassment.

"I'm sorry I just can't help looking at my beautiful wife." Hearing the word wife after so long made my heart ache with endearment. I didn't realize how much I missed Shin's affectionate gaze, his kind words, and his gentle touch.

In that moment, what I hoped for so badly finally came back. The spark that once dwindled, finally reignited, and I revealed my clear bright irises to my waiting husband,

"I love you, Shinichirou."

╰┈➤ NOW OR NEVER 𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪

••• ┊┊╰┈➤ NOW OR NEVER 𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪