My diabetes has ruined a lot, it affects mine and mums relationship today, it has affected my social life, my friendships, my opportunities. It gets me down sometimes but I have to learn to live with it. It's not going anywhere. Millions of people have it. It is what it is.

I have a therapist, after a little incident last year mum decided it was best to help me out professionally.

Flashback:

Scarletts pov:
Scarlett: " YOUR NOT GOING OUT, YOUR BLOODS ARE TOO LOW AND I KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO DRINK. I JUST CANT RISK IT"
You: "STOP TREATING ME LIKE A CHILD."
Scarlett: "WELL YOU''RE STILL MY CHILD SO I WILL DO MY FUCKING BEST TO LOOK AFTER YOU"

Soon after that y/n passed out, this happened quite frequently when she was too low on insulin. She still hated the needles. The insulin pump didn't work too well for her so we had to carry on with the needles.

I tuck her into bed, and sit on the chair nearby. I take the handle off her door so she can't get out, she'll do a runner. She didn't grow out of that habit. But as she's got older the diabetes has gotten worse so it's more dangerous to miss any steps in the routine.

She wakes up and looks at me.

You: " how long was I out?"
Scarlett: " not long but I let you sleep for a bit. Now please can we just do the injection and then watch a movie. I don't want to have this battle with you tonight"
You: "it's a battle for you? How about living with it mom. I'm terrified everyday of needles, then what happens if I don't, what happens if it doesn't work? Just get out."
Scarlett: " I'm sorry baby I just can't lose you. Please let me help you"

We eventually go the needle done but then we had a long talk and she was going to get therapy to handle the needle fear and just living with diabetes.

Flashback over

It was an interesting time. I now do not have such a bad fear of needles. I get anxious every time I have to do it but I can manage it.

Mum is tired of worrying. I can see it, my illness has take a huge toll on her too. She's been by my side everyday, she takes me to set etc. She's basically lived with it too.

Tonight once she gets home from work I will surprise her with her favourite snacks and comfy blankets set up for a movie night. I have brought her this necklace from Tiffany as a thank you present.

 I have brought her this necklace from Tiffany as a thank you present

- I got the same one as well so we can be matching.

I know money can't show how thankful I am but it's a token of my appreciation.

The doorbell rings and I run to the door.

You: " mama I missed you"

Scarletts pov:
Y/n basically jumped into my arms and squeezed me tight as soon as she opened the door.

Scarlett: " I missed you too, everything ok?"
You: " I have a surprise for you"
Scarlett: "ooooo ok, where am I going?"
You: " sit yourself down on the couch"

I get ready to read the letter I wrote to her and I grab the boxes with our necklaces in.

You: " so mama are you ready?"
Scarlett: " always"

You: " if I knew as a child what I know now, mama I probably wouldn't have made things so hard for you. I would've understood that you were only looking for my best interest, even thought I lost perspective of that sometimes. I would have known how difficult it is to let go, to stand back and let someone you love learn from mistakes. I would have realised how fortunate I was to have a mother who was there for me 100% of the time, even after tantrums, arguments and when I said things I shouldn't have."

She starts to tear up.

You: " you make the sun shine on the cloudiest of days, where the clouds are so thick and dark I think they'll never leave my mind. When I'm sick you kiss the pain away, your tender voice took away my fear. Your hand is the one that wipes away my tears. The love you give is so honest and pure keeping me forever safe and secure. You make flowers bloom in the spring, it is you who cures my broken wings. Mom because of you I now know love.

How do you find the energy mom. To do all the things you do, to be teacher, nurse and counsellor or to me now and when I was little. How did you do it all mom. To be a chauffeur, cook and friend, yet find time to be a playmate. I just can't comprehend. I see now it was love, that made you come whenever I'd call. Your inexhaustible love and I thank you for it all"

Mama is now crying.

You: " I know that I can never fully show you how grateful I am for all these years of the daily battles and tears. But mama I brought you a gift."

I get the necklaces out the box and she brings me in close and then wipes her tears.

Scarlett: " how was I so lucky. I love you to infinity and back pickle."
You: " I love you too. Now I'm feeling drowsy please can you jab me"
Scarlett: " never thought I hear you ask for insulin but I'll accept it"

Scarlett: " now count to three"

A/n: currently crying.... Anyway I have a driving lesson in the morning and I can't sleep because I'm nervous. This happens everytime. Anyway. I have one more request to do then I have a couple of ideas to come.