78: reality

jacob's pov

I lied. We all lied. We don't have any meetings. We're planning SJ's birthday party with the help of some friends. I texted Vinnie yesterday, letting him in on our plans. He immediately suggested taking care of SJ for the day.

"This will be the best barbecue ever!" Bene exclaimed, before putting the tip of a balloon into his mouth.

"Where did you get the idea?" Noah asked. The whole hype house, the Sway boys, and all the others were present.

"I asked her about her birthdays and her best memories; she told me about the family barbecues her mother used to throw her."

"Look at you being all romantic!" Luis teased.

"Everyone would be romantic if they had a girl like SJ," Bryce suddenly said. Everyone stopped. And then, words like facts and truth started leaving some guys' mouths.

I coughed, laughing, "Guys, come on. She's my girlfriend."

"Where is she?"

"With Vinnie, Jack, and Claudia. Jack texted and said they were taking her to see a movie and shop around LA. They're waiting for my text before coming over to the house."

Tim and Julien appeared beside me. "I got the beverages in the tub. Julien placed the food in the fridge, Jojo created a photobooth zone, it's going to be awesome!"

I smiled, thanking him for the help. I'm not worried about SJ not liking the barbecue. I'm afraid I won't get her aunt's gift on time. Her aunt said a friend of hers would come by at three, and it's three-fifteen. Oh! Finally!

A BMW parked in the driveway. "Hi, are you Jacob?" He extended his hand, which I shook. "Nice to meet you. I'm Mark." I politely smiled. "Nice to meet you, too."

"I got this for you," he said. I grab the box out of his hand and placed it on the gifts table. It's perfectly wrapped. Mark reached for something else inside his car. "SJ's aunt made this as promised." 

"Thank you so much!"

"No problem! Would you tell Sarah Jane happy birthday on my behalf?"

"Of course!"

Everything was going according to plan.