36: reality

"What's wrong with you?" I waited for the room to be emptied before I talk with Luis. He shrugged, "Nothing, I'm surprised."

"Why? You shipped it from the beginning, remember?"

He sighed, "Yeah. I'm just- I don't know, I'm surprised Jacob didn't tell me he had something for you. Even you didn't say anything. We're best friends."

"Come on, Luis. You know I'm not the best person at expressing my feelings. Angelina was the only one I told because she caught me staring at his abs for too long." He chuckled. "Now, come on. Let's join the others. I promise if I need to get something off my chest, I'll tell you about it."

Luis nodded as he gently slapped me on the shoulder. We were all off today, so we decided to stay home and enjoy the sun together before heading towards the hype house. Thomas was throwing a party and we were all invited.

"No, no! That's cheating! You were way too close to the table!"

We were playing beer pong and according to Tim, I was cheating. I was partnered up with Claudia and we were playing against Jacob and Tim.

"No, she wasn't!" Claudia defended. I laughed, "Fine! I'll take back my turn and try again." Tim agreed.

I'm kind of a beer pong champion, but I haven't told them yet. Instead, I take three steps back, making sure I was far enough from the table. I smiled at Tim and threw my ball. It hit the rim of two cups, before ending up in one.

"Nei! That's three cups!" Bene shouted as he watched us play. Tim and Jacob just stared at their cups, while Claudia and I high-fived.

Jacob took his turn but missed. So, did Tim. We had four cups left, while they had two cups. Claudia aimed for the closest one.

"IN!" I take my place and aim for the last cup. I didn't really want to be cocky, but I had to. Only because Tim had accused me of cheating!

"Baby, look into my eyes," I tell Jacob. I stare into his eyes, smile, and take my shot. By Bene's excitement, I could tell that my ball went into the final cup. "Witch."

The girls and I decided to take some pictures while the boys continued to play beer pong. After multiple pictures, we sat down on the pool chairs. The boys appeared a few minutes later. Jacob sat in between my legs and laid his head down on my chest.

"I meant to ask you a while back, but how did you meet Luis and Tim?" Bene asked. "Oh! And, where are the nicknames you give each other from?"

"We met in Australia," I said.

"You worked on farms?" Jacob asked, raising his head to meet my eyes. I peck his smiling lips.

"SJ? Work on farms? No way," Luis said. I slapped his arm, making him laugh. "We met in a nightclub, actually," I said as Tim nodded. "We got some drinks, we danced, and realized that this was the start of a beautiful friendship."

"And, your nicknames?"

Tim chuckled. "There was a dance contest on the beach one day, and we dared her to sign up; she did and won. SJ was named the Dancing Queen, so we kind of picked it up."

"Yeah! I call Tim the Surfer King because he took me and my friend surfing the next day and we were blown away."

"Oh, you need to teach me how to surf!" Claudia told Tim. He smiled, "Name the time and place."