28: reality + text message

We expected to get help with the groceries, but the house was still empty. Jacob and I unpacked the bags and filled the fridge and cabinets.

"What now?" He looked at me and smiled.

"I don't know. I think I might go for a run, wanna come with?" I asked. Jacob stretched his arms and legs, "Absolutely."

We went to change into the appropriate clothing. I grabbed a brown tank top with matching shorts. I tied my hair into a ponytail and put on my sneakers. I almost trip on my own feet at the sight of Jacob. He's only wearing a pair of Nike shorts and a backward cap. Holyshit, he's fine!

After our run, we changed into our swimsuits and jumped straight into the pool. After an hour of swimming and laughing, we went inside and put on some music.

"Wanna play 21 questions?" I suddenly asked.

It has started to become our thing. I mean, we mostly ask questions about general stuff like coffee or tea, but today I want to know the personal stuff.

"Okay, but let's change it a little. I'll answer your questions and vice versa, but we have to answer our own too," he smirked. I laughed and nodded, before taking a sip of my water. "Ladies, first."

"What was your longest relationship? Mine was one year."

"Oh- I never really had a long-term girlfriend, but I saw the same girl for three months. What's the wildest thing you did to get someone's attention?"

"Full disclosure, I was only fifteen. So, I had this massive crush on this senior at my old school. We'd always cross paths with each other, because his trigonometry class would change into my ethics class, anyways. I kind of bumped into him, making sure our books fell on the ground, and I also made sure to grab the wrong one, so I'd have an excuse to talk to him again. What about you?" 

Jacob looked at me, the corner of his lips turning into huge a smile. "That's actually really bold. I haven't done anything wild. I have the most boring love life."

"I'm sure that's not true. There's a girl out here waiting for you, I'm sure of it." Could I be more obvious? I immediately asked my next question, "What's your biggest turn-off?" 

"About girls?" I nodded. He's thinking hard about this one. "I think someone who doesn't get along well with others. Especially, my friends. I used to date this girl and I could never see the boys because she didn't like Luis. You know how the boys are like-" I cut him off almost instantly. "Your family. I love that."

"Yeah. Okay, my turn!" We stopped when Jacob's phone rang and mine buzzed. "Bene is calling."

Text message from Angie 💕

Ok, don't get mad, but I told the guys about your crush on jacob...

wait-what? why?

It's a good thing though bcuz julien just told me that jacob has been crushing on you too!

are you serious?

yeah! so we won't be back in time for dinner... if u know what i mean

Angie, ily but this is crazy 🥲

no, it's not. you have been dying to go on a date with him, tonight is your chance!

bene is talking on the phone with jacob, he's telling him we won't be back for a while

SJ? are you ignoring me?

i'm processing everything

so, he likes me? that's good, wow okay

yes haha, i have to go, but enjoy yourself

I closed my phone, as Jacob ended the call with Bene. He was grinning. I stupidly say the first thing that crosses my mind. "Where were we?" 

Jacob kept grinning, "Right. I believe it was my turn to ask you a question." He walked back to the couch and looked at me with the same grin he's been wearing ever since the phone call with Bene. He knows! Of course, he knows! 

"SJ, would you like to go on a date with me?"