The Accident

Reader as Drew Byers
3rd person POV

Drew and Will Byers are going on a trip to the lake today with the Party. It's gonna be so awesome because they are going to Lover's Lake. The Party is all coupled up now, so it's like a big date for everyone. Mike and Will; Dustin and Suzie; Lucas and Phoebe; Eleven and Claire; and Drew and Max.

The brothers are meeting the others there, Will driving the car. It is exciting because the Party has been kind of split up with everyone being with their partners. Especially Dustin, since Suzie lives in Utah. But she's visiting this week and Lucas is done with his basketball trip so the teens can finally all hang out.

"Hey!" Max greets Drew, running up and planting a kiss on his cheek.

"Hi," he smiles, shutting the door to the car. Will goes over to Mike and hugs him.

"Come on, we're hungry," Mike calls to Drew and Max as they follow the two boys out to the picnic area. They walk hand in hand and Drew carries Max on his back.

"I missed you, D," she whispers. He looks up and she kisses his forehead. After walking down a path, they arrive where the other couples are waiting. Will sets down the cooler, with lunches prepared by Joyce.

"Hey Drew!" Claire Jefferson greets.

"Hi!" he smiles. Drew and Claire have been best friends since 4th grade when they were both the new kids at Hawkins along with Dustin. Both kids happen to live on the same street as well, like Lucas and Mike who live in the same cul-de-sac.

When Eleven broke up with Mike in eight grade, Claire made her move later that fall and became her first girl love. They've been dating ever since.

"Can we please eat now?" Lucas whines as Will starts unpacking.

"You're so impatient," Phoebe giggles, "He's literally getting the food out right now."

Phoebe Cinsare and Lucas have been dating since freshman year of high school, when the two formally met at basketball game. She cheers and he plays.

"Thank you," he exclaims when Mike hands him a sandwich. Will finally confessed his love for Mike to him after Claire professed her love for Eleven. It made him feel better knowing he wasn't the only gay person in Hawkins.

"So, how has everyone been?" Claire asks as everyone starts to eat lunch.

"I'm finally catching up on sleep," Lucas starts.

"Yeah, no kidding," Phoebe adds, "he snores louder than a jet engine!"

Everyone laughs at him.

"Suzie and I have been volunteering at this science camp over in Kerly," Dustin says.

"How is that?" Drew asks.

"It's good, it runs till next week, you can volunteer too!" he says.

"Yes, that sounds fun!" Eleven smiles. Claire grabs her arm and nuzzles against her shoulder.

"Will and I are going to build this remote control car together, but like custom parts and stuff," Drew says.

"Oooo, do you have the engine already built?" Mike asks.

"Not yet," Will answers.

"Maybe I can help, I have this old motor engine from my grandpa's boat. He doesn't use it anymore," Mike says.

"That would be so cool! It would probably make it go so fast!" he exclaims Everyone continues to eat and talk. After eating, some couples go swimming. Drew and Max decide to go swing on an old tire swing nearby. Eventually, it gets late and everyone gets ready to go home.