Xisuma - Oneshot - Flight Mishap

Contains: Fluff :)
_______________________________________

"Well well well.. what do we have here?" Normally at this point you'd feel relief, but not right now.

You're not known for being the best at flying on the server.
In fact your skill rivals Scar's.

You've never been able to get the hang of elytra's. Every season you try, and every season you crash, crash and crash some more.

More than once you've had to call your fellow hermits to your aid.
Either to retrieve your things, or to help you out of sticky situations.
Much like the one you're in now.

You were getting some practice in with your wings, Doc's perimeter the perfect place to do that.
Well, mostly.
Other than the uneven bedrock ground below.

For someone who's not great at flying how you even managed to get in here is a mystery.
You're completely surrounded in the unbreakable material, no enderpearls.
You could attempt to fly out, but you're already on half health and don't fancy losing your gear to Doc's giant hole in the ground.

So you had called for backup.
A quick message to all those in the vicinity asking for someone to come and pull you out.

It's not the first time you've had to do this.
But you can't help but feel embarrassed, as the one that's come to help you out is your long time friend, Xisumavoid.

Xisuma crouches down in front of the gap you can see out of.
You're stuck in a 2 by 3 wide hole, that's 3 tall, with an extra block above the exit just to really make things difficult.
"However did you manage to get in there?"

You roll your eyes at X, who chuckles.
He knows how you got stuck.
"We better get you out of there then, I brought an ender pearl. I'll throw it in." Xisuma says.

You hear the little blip of the pearl, purple particles filling up the little chamber you're stuck in.
"Well that wasn't what I planned to do." You turn slowly, Xisuma standing in the small space with you now.

He's staring up out of the entrance, probably weighing in his chances of being able to fly out.
His chances are higher than yours, although by his lack of attempt you'd say he isn't willing to try

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I only grabbed one pearl." X says, taking off his helmet and placing it on the ground.
He brushes his hands through his hair, letting out a long sigh.

"Can I borrow your communicator?" X asks, "I may have also accidentally left mine up there." He points at the only way out.
"Sure." You reply, handing it over.

X sends out a message, handing you the communicator back.
After a few minutes of waiting he takes a seat on the ground, staring out of the only exit.
You join him, feeling awkward stood up by yourself.

"You know, it's not often I find myself in these situations. It really makes you think, doesn't it?" You nod, eyes never leaving the slither of blue sky you can see.

Silence falls upon the two of you once again, it's hard to ignore where it normally isn't.
Usually when you and X are in silence you're building, helping each other out.
But this time that's not an option.

Time ticks on by, your Bdubs original clock slowly changing from day to night.
Although given that it's getting dark you probably don't need the clock.

"We may end up stuck in here all night" X mumbles.
You shrug. "There are worse people I could be stuck with."

X lets out a quiet chuckle "That's true. Don't get me wrong I love spending time with all the hermits, but some of them I just wouldn't want to be trapped in a small space with." You nod.
"Exactly my thoughts."

You think about the other hermits, where they are and what they're doing.
You think about just about anything other than X.
Or at least you try to.

But your mind goes back to him with every thought path.
You just can't help it, especially as you begin to tire.

You glance at him, not wanting to look too long.
It's dark, but you can still see him. Just about anyway.

He's looking up and out of the one exit, eyes tired, but his expression is otherwise blank.
You wonder what he's thinking about.
Probably getting out of here.
You wouldn't be able to blame him for thinking about that.

The next thing you know you can hear rockets in the distance.
Opening your eyes you realise it's lighter than you remember.
Much lighter.

The brightness dips a little as a pair of legs appears in front of the hole.
Then a face as that person crouches down.

The initial emotion on Doc's face is amusement.
Well, that doesn't change, only seems to increase as his eyes dart around the small space.

Only then do you realise that not only is it lighter but Xisuma is cuddled into you and still fast asleep.
Doc smirks, "I'll come back later."

"Don't you dare leave us in here." You whisper shout, not wanting to wake Xisuma up.
"I'll come back, don't worry." Doc chuckles, shooting off a rocket and flying away.

You grumble, feeling Xisuma stir beside you.
"What time is it?" He asks, voice full of sleep.

"I don't know." You mumble.
X groans, stretching as best he can in the tiny space.
You take the chance to shuffle away from him slightly.

"Where are you going?" Xisuma asks you, a small frown on his face. "I didn't think you had an issue with me holding you, I'm sorry if I crossed a line."
You're a little dumbfounded by his apology.

"I, it's not that. I just didn't think you'd want to continue in case it was just something that happened while we were sleeping." The relief on X's face makes you feel that little bit better.

He scoots over to your new place and puts an arm around you, pulling you into him.
"I could get used to this, you know" he says.

"So could I." You look up at Xisuma who smiles down at you.
"When we get out of here we should go do this." You nod in agreement.

"When Doc comes back we will." Xisuma looks puzzled at your words.
"Doc was here? Why didn't he let us out?" You shrug.
Doc is someone who works in ways you will never understand. You don't even try to.

"While we wait how about we get to know each other better?" X asks.
"I'd like that." You answer, X taking that and running with it.

The things the two of you talk about are great, but not as great as the feeling you get when Doc returns and frees you both.
Sure enough the first thing you and X do is go find a better, more comfortable, place to cuddle.