Tango - Drabble - Someone To Celebrate With

Contains: Fluff, Anxious Feelings, Fireworks, Cuddles

_______________________________________

There wasn't many nights that most of the hermits got together at once to celebrate.
But tonight was one of them.

Your initial excitement had turned into one of worry.
You hadn't quite met everyone and found yourself nervous.
To add to your nerves was that before you had only met others individually or in small groups.

Arriving hadn't settled your nerves either.
You had spent your entire time here thus far sitting off to the side on a bench watching as others chatted among themselves.

"You look lonely over here all by yourself." His voice is familiar and comforting at a time that is the complete opposite for you.
"Tango." He smiled hearing his name come out of your mouth.

You could see it even with how dark it is.
You had never felt so happy to see the faint red glow of his eyes, wrapping your arms around him as soon as you had managed to stand up.

"What are you doing over here all alone anyway?" He asks, holding you close.
"I got nervous." He nods, understanding. Tango was once new here as well, equally as apprehensive to be around people.

The two of you spend some time making small talk, happy in your own little bubble, until you're interrupted by a certain Impulse.
"Come on love-birds, show's about to begin." He smirks, pulling the two of you over to where the rest of the hermits had gathered.

"Hello friends, it's nice to see so many of you could make it today." Xisuma starts.
You can tell he's nervous, it makes you feel a little better to know that someone like X who has done this sort of thing many times still gets nervous.

His speech doesn't last long, a couple announcements are made, and then he finally flips the lever at the side of the little platform he's on.

Most hermits make conversation while they watch the rockets soar high into the air, exploding into a million vibrant lights.

You and Tango stand together in silence, he stands behind you, arms resting around your waist as the two of you enjoy the colourful display in the sky.

It's nice, comforting, not to mention incredibly romantic.
You find most of your nerves are gone now, Tango there to hold you.
To make you feel safe.

Tonight is a special night for all of the hermits.
But Tango makes it extra special for you.