Tango - Drabble - I Never Thought Of That

Contains: Fluff
_______________________________________

You land not so gracefully over at Tango's latest redstone project.
He's been here for the better part of four days now, barely coming home.
You'd be lying if you said you weren't worried.

"Hey Y/n." He calls, too focused to come and greet you.
You walk down to where you know he is, taking your time to look around at all his redstone experiments.

"I brought you some food." You tell him, placing the pack of hand wrapped golden carrots on his desk before walking over to stand beside him.

Tango is completely covered in a thin layer of redstone dust, for the most part.
The layer on his hands is more than thin.
"How are things going?" You ask.

"Not good." Tango replies, "I just can't seem to get this circuit to work the timing is off, but I've changed the tick speed at which the signal is passing as many times as I can think of and it just isn't working."
"Oh. And you've tried a hopper clock?"

"Yeah. I have." Tango frowns, finally turning to look at you know.
His usually bright red eyes are dulled, dark circles beneath them.

"How much sleep have you had Tango?"
"Uhh. I'll be honest I don't know how long I've been here for let alone how long it's been since I slept."
You cross your arms, shaking your head ever so slightly.

"You need to sleep."
"I need to finish this first, I need to get this farm up and running before anyone else." You sigh. His determination to finish a project has always been something you've admired, although you don't half wonder if it causes more problems than it's worth.

"What have you done to try and get it working?"
"Well," Tango takes a deep breath, "I've  tried changing the tick speed in as many ways I can think, I've tried hopper lines instead of the water streams for the items, I've tried swapping out materials in the case they weren't transmitting the signal, I've reconfigured the whole thing like three times."

"Let me have a look." You sneak your way behind the scenes and fully into the deepest darkest depths of the redstone line. "Turn it on for me!" You shout back at Tango.

The line lights up a vibrant red, the same colour Tango's eyes usually are.
You follow it along, dimming and then brightening, again and again. Until-

"Tango?!" You shout.
"Yeah?"
"Did you check that your line was completely connected?"

It doesn't take long for Tango to make his way to where you are.
"Oh." That's the only sound he makes, seeing the clear disconnect between two lines of redstone dust. "I didn't think of that."

You smile, letting Tango fill in the empty space with dust. Once the two sides are connected you hear pistons near the front begin to move.

"Well, that's your redstone up and running."
"Thank you, Y/n" he opens his arms, ready and waiting for a hug.
You look him up at down, shrugging.

You smile as he holds you tight, you've missed him.
"Let's get you home so you can get some well deserved rest, okay?"

Tango yawns, "that sounds like a plan to me."