Zedaph - Drabble - Love Potion

Contains: Fluff, A kiss at the end
_______________________________________

"I finished the combrewter!" Zed announces as he walks into the room, still wearing his lab coat and goggles.
"That's wonderful news, do I get to try it out now?"

Zed nods excitedly, taking you by the hand as soon as you're standing and pulling you across the base to the room he's spent the better part of two weeks working on.

You don't need Zed to lead you, you live with him. You know where all his contraptions are, where every corridor leads.
But he takes you there anyway.

As soon as you're through the door to the combrewter room Zed does some sort of grand gesture toward the center of the room where the main brewing stand is set up.
"Are you ready to see how it works?" You nod, Zed getting to work right away.

He presses a button on the left side of the room, and then two on the right side.
You would have been paying attention to what potion he was making, usually you would oversee that type of thing.

Today was not so easy to pay attention to that, you can't quite place what it is but Zed just looks incredible. 
Of course being his partner you find him attractive anyway, but something today is just making him even more gorgeous. 

"And there we go, this is the fun bit." Zed comes to stand at your side, placing his arm around you.
Finally drawing your eyes away from him you watch the ingredients fly through the air and land in the hopper, the brewing stand bubbling away.

"What are you making?" You ask Zed.
"You know potion recipes by heart, I'd have thought you'd have gotten this one straight away." You can tell he's confused from the sound of his voice, and turning your head to look at him confirms his confusion by the look on his face.

"I was distracted." You state simply. 
You see the cogs turning in Zed's head, a very small smile appearing.

Before you can ask what's going on in his brilliant mind a bell dings.
Zed guides you gently toward the stand, picking up one of the bottles and handing it to you.
"Enjoy, darling." He winks, eyes twinkling with mischief and adoration.

"What is it Zed?" You ask again.
"It's a love potion." He smirks.
You raise your eyebrow, turning your attention to the bottle.

"It's a regeneration potion." You state, the colour alone is enough for you to know.
"It's a love potion of my own creation." Zed frowns, or tries to. His little smirk does quite the job of preventing whatever frown he can make.

You smile, drinking the potion.
You can feel its effect, although it doesn't do much since your health is full.
"So, do you love me now?" Zed asks.

"I loved you anyway." You smile. Zed smiles back before placing a gentle kiss on your lips.
"I love you too."