Xisuma - Drabble - Sneaking And Spooking

Contains: Fluff, Little Jumpscare-esque moments
_______________________________________

Today was the dreaded day you scheduled to catch up on project planning
The day where you sat in the tiny office and just.. worked.
Usually you'd spend more time working on your projects throughout the week, at the minute it is a lot of build planning.

This week you had gotten distracted, meeting up more than usual with other hermits, putting you behind on your planning.
So, you decided that while X was doing admin work you'd get your planning done.

And planning you had done indeed, getting close to finishing it now.
You hear the door open, turning your head to see Xisuma looming in the doorway.

"I'm all finished now, you still going?" He asks, now leaning against the door frame.
"I'm almost done now." You smile. X smiles back before stepping out of the room.

You turn your attention back to your workstation, continuing with your build notes.
"Do you want me to make you a drink?" You jump at the sound of his voice, whipping your head around to look back at the doorway.

This time you can't see his body, only his head and one of his hands are visible.
"Sorry if I scared you." His apology is sincere, even with his little chuckle.

You roll your eyes, cracking a smile before answering his question.
"You need a little bell or something so I know you're there." You joke, "a drink would be great." X nods before disappearing again.
Your eyes linger on the doorframe for a second before going back to your work.

"I forgot to ask, what drink?"
You take in a deep breath before facing your partner again.
"You really gotta stop sneaking up on me like that. What drink? Uhh, your choice." You reply, feeling your heartbeat slow back down.
"Yeah?" Xisuma asks to confirm you're okay with anything.
"Yeah."

With a smile X disappears back out into the hall.
Confident he's actually gone this time you turn back around and lean into your chair.

After a moment of peace you sit back up, working on your notes.
Xisuma can be heard down in the kitchen, so you get lost in your work.

It turns out there wasn't as much left as you thought, so you manage to finish it off pretty quickly.
Proud that you got it finished you stand up and stretch.

"You finished?" You jump, turning to see X standing in the doorway again.
"Yeah I'm finished, it's a good job I am." He laughs slightly, pulling you into a hug.

"Your drink is downstairs." He mumbles, letting go of you again.
"Thanks Xisuma." You give him one last squeeze before starting to make your way toward the kitchen.
"Any time."