[Chapter 15] - Storm on the Horizon

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Uvogin's fists balled. He looked around the building, in the eyes of his group, "we can't just sit here," he yelled.

A tall, lanky man named Nobunaga voiced his own opinion in the conversation, "I agree with Uvo." He clicked his tongue, "we can't sit here and do nothing."

A woman cleared her throat, "and how would you do that?" A pink-haired woman emerged from the shadows.

Nobunaga paused, "I –"

"It's clear that Phinks was a valuable member of our group, but the fact remains that he's dead," the pink-haired Machi reasoned.

"I think you might be being a bit too cold Machi," Pakunoda said. Tall and slender, elegantly she stood behind the two menacing auras of the men. Although cautious of her words, she was firm in her statement.

"Maybe," Machi admitted, "but it's the unchangeable truth."

The group argued. It was emotion vs logic.

The neutral members stayed out of the matter, standing to the side. They watched as Uvogin and Nobunaga grew irritated whilst Machi and Feitan remained calm.

"You don't even know who killed him," Feitan stated.

"Isn't it clear it was those Hunter association bastards?" Uvogin shot.

"We don't know that for sure," Machi said.

"Who else would it be," Nobunaga scoffed.

"Uhh... maybe Hisoka," Machi said, jutting her thumb at the pink-haired man.

Hisoka gave them a devious smile, "don't trust the boss' decisions, do you?"

Machi scoffed, crossing her arms, "of course, I trust the boss. I just don't trust you, even if he accepted you into the troupe."

"We all know Machi couldn't care less about the rest of us," Feitan said.

"Yeah, if it were any of us dead, she wouldn't lift a finger unless we were needed in one of the boss' plans," Uvogin shouted, "so why listen to her? I say we go kill those sons of bitches." Uvogin slammed his fist on the concrete structure, "we already killed a handful of their men, so I say let's knock them dead.

"Yeah, it was easy with the security blueprints we got our hands on," Shizuku noted, "but, shouldn't we wait for the boss' instructions?" she asked, repositioning her glasses.

"He and the others left a while ago," Uvogin said. "It'll be weeks before we meet again."

"Shizuku is right; it was simple for us to take them out at the auction, only because we had someone inside the Yorknew Mafia to take pictures of the blueprints," Machi agreed. "So, enough," she glared, "the boss isn't here. You'll do nothing."

Uvogin threw his fist at the concrete once again, sending cracks up the tall walls. Nobunaga silently exited the building, Uvogin following close behind.

"Even if he can't touch the Hunter Association, you know he'll still stir up trouble, right?" Pakunoda asked.

Machi watched as they left and bit the inside of her cheek, "I know."

Uvogin shot his head back to her, his veins popping from his forehead, "who made you Chrollo's right-hand man?" he sneered. His head turned as he left, not waiting for a response.

It was silent for a moment before Feitan spoke up, "I agree. You don't get to call the shots."

☽ ✧ ☾

Three days after the Underground Auction incident, the two partners regrouped.

Y/n swivelled in Kurapika's office chair. "Comfy," she said, staring at her hands.