233: Eight Gates!

Start from the beginning

Unheard of because Neji wasn't just cheating with clones. He had a fucking System.

"Thanks, Guy-sensei."

That night, Neji didn't play around (except he did find an hour to dance with Shizune) and simply trained all night to level up [Eight Gates] up to level 40.

-—-

-

‹Open Seventh Gate›

[Gate One to Seven has been opened!]

[STR, END, DEX, INT and WIS have all been boosted 3.75 times!]

Greenish-blue energy was surrounding Neji, rising upwards like a blazing inferno. Neji's hair was floating as well, and the wind around the area had gotten too strong. The trees were shaking, leaves were fluttering, and the birds were flying away.

This was the power of the Seventh Gate.

Not only was his physical strength strengthened, but his mental ability had also gone up as well. That's because the first two gates affect the left and right hemispheres of the brain.

Neji felt powerful, so powerful that he could destroy mountains with a punch. So powerful that the ground he was standing on was shaking.

"Woohoo, great going, Neji!" Guy yelled from the side, hiding behind a huge rock with the others. "You can end it if it becomes too painful!"

That's the thing. Neji felt no pain. Nothing at all. Most certainly because his Draconic High Human body was built different. That made Neji wonder, would he be able to endure Eight Gates too? He could try it out right away, Guy taught him how to open the Eight Gates too, though he obviously didn't let Neji test it out.

In the end, Neji decided not to test it. Not now, anyway. He rather swiped his arm in the air and saw a vertical slash of wind cut through the trees in the far.

Wow.

Not bad.

He had 2,546 STR at this moment, so it made sense he could do this much, and more. All Might could create tornados with just 500-stat points, after all. Knowing that, Neji decided to stop his testing for how. Unless he wanted to show Konoha pain.

Slowly, Neji relaxed his muscles and closed the gates one by one. First the seventh, then the sixth, then the fifth... and at last, the first.

Neji opened his eyes and found himself standing in a small crater.

"Youth!" Guy jumped in front of him. "How are you feeling Neji? Did you like the rush you felt?"

Neji did.

He had stats higher than this before, but he didn't feel the same rush back then. This was a rather awesome feeling, he would have to agree.

Lee, Tenten, Hanabi, and Kurai gathered around him too as he stood in his spot half-naked, his tank top having been shredded to pieces.

"Kurai, clean," Neji said as Kurai jumped at him, closing her nose with her paws. "...Does it stink that much?"

"It does, Onii-sama." Hanabi was the one to reply, sweating heavily herself. She had grown 29 centimetres in the last six days, from 150cm to 179cm. It was unbelievable how different she looked. "I doubt Kurai's cleaning will do."

[Image Here]