Part 11 : Into 90's

I'M ON MY MISSION TO HONEY TRAP THE HARPERS.

Hayley's POV

I entered my mansion's garden and there I saw Emerson shooting at aim. I smiled and called him.

"Emerson."
He turned and smiled widely as he saw me. He came running to me throwing his gun at back.

He hugged me and I startled a little but smiled and hugged him back with the same power.

"I missed you."
It was around 2 weeks we never met. Only phone calls.

"I missed you too."

Not so soon, we broke the hug.

"Came here to meet me?"
He asked with curious eyes.

"Umm... Not really."

"Work?"
He asked with furrowed and mad face.

I bit my lip and nodded slowly. He sighed.

"Go and do your work."
He said and turned to leave when I held his wrist and pulled him to me.

"Now you will get mad on such silly topics... I am sorry. Meeting you was also that I wanted and for that this work become an excuse so that dad won't doubt."
He sighed still with angry face.

I pulled his cheeks.
"Now smile boy."
He smiled at last.

"By the way, which work?"

"Where is Dad?"

"Must be watching TV, let's go."
He said and we moved further to door.

We entered and I saw my dad watching e. He noticed me and came to me spreading his arms saying.

"Oh my, angel... c'mon."

I smiled and hugged him and felt safe under father guidance.

"What brings you here?"

"I wanted to talk to you."

"Say."

"Alone dad and... Related to this mission."
I added making Dad and Emerson serious at same time.

"Come."
Dad said without any further delay.

He said and head towards study room. I followed him when stopped by Emerson as he held my wrist.

"Is everything alright?"
He whispered. I smiled and nodded.

I went following dad and he entered into our secret room which is joint to study. As I entered in he closed the door.

He sat on the couch followed by me. He waited for me to start...

"Dad without delaying, I am sticking to the point... Do you know who Edward Harper is?"

His face expression changed as he heard the name. He was looking like battling with himself whether to tell or not.

"Dad if you won't tell me. It will make it more difficult for me to handle the case."
He nodded.

"He was my best friend, since college time."

"How your friendship broke? And what the hell happened that made your best friend's son hate you and eager to kill your child?"

He was very clearly hesitant to speak but took a deep sigh and took me to his time, into 90's.

"I was a mafia since start and he was a spy agent... We didn't knew about each other professions. For hiding our real identity we both worked as waiters in café... One day two females also joined and became waitress in the same café... Those two ladies were your mom and one was my best friend's to-be-wife, Isabelle. Those two were best friends and we fell in love with the women.