"You mean you want her back for some time, sure." Faith smiled and moved to sit with Owen.

Mitchell took her seat and I half grinned at him while he stared at me. I frowned and wiped the side of my mouth. "Is there something on my face?"

"Just beauty."

My brows raised and I choked on a laugh. "Cheesy but smooth."

Mitchell grinned and it felt like forever since I saw a genuine smile on his handsome face. "Too much?"

I scrunched my nose and nodded. "Just a little but it's okay, I forgive you because you're cute."

"Hey." Mitchell placed his hand over mine. "Are we good?"

I was slightly taken aback by his question. "Of course. Why wouldn't we be?"

Mitchell shrugged. "What you said about Katie before we left... I got the impression you were upset."

I took in a breath and thought over how to express my feelings without offending him. "I'm not upset, I'm more... afraid."

"Of?"

"Do you remember what happened the last time we saw Kate and Leo together?" Realization flickered in Mitchell's eyes. "I don't want a repeat of that. I don't want anything to ruin this weekend and I don't want any unnecessary stress for Leo."

"So, that's why you didn't look happy to see her. I thought..." Mitchell shook his head. "Leo and I talked and it's all good."

That was news to me. Even in my wildest dreams, I couldn't imagine Leo and Mitchell engaged in a civilized conversation. "You did? Without fists involved?"

Mitchell shot me a look. "I am capable of talking without my temper getting the better of me."

"With anyone else, of course you are but with Leo... I'm not sure."

"Anyway," Mitchell disregarded my remark. "As I said, Leo and I had a good conversation while you were passed out on his couch and all is good. I know he doesn't have any bad intentions with Katie and they're just friends."

"Just friends?" I glanced at the pair who laughed together at something on Leo's phone. "Are you sure?"

Mitchell stared at me intensely. "That's what Leo and Katie said. I trust them and Leo knows there are certain boundaries he shouldn't even go near let alone cross."

I nodded and felt relieved. I was also pleasantly surprised by Mitchell's maturity with the situation. Leo never brought up Kate with me and I never really asked but they did seem like good friends.

I looped my arm through Mitchell's and rested my head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry if I seemed upset. I wasn't mad at you." I glanced up at him and smiled. "I don't want anything to ruin your birthday."

Mitchell caressed my cheekbone with the pad of his thumb. "As long as you're with me, I'll have the best time."

I chewed on my bottom lip. "Even if I told you I'm on my period?"

I suppressed my laughter as the grin immediately left his face and I could've sworn he paled a fraction. "You are?"

I playfully pinched his arm. "Is that all you can think of? It would've been nice if you asked if I'm alright. No cramps? Cravings or crazy mood swings."

Mitchell's expression mimicked one of someone getting caught doing something wrong. "I just asked for confirmation. I didn't insinuate anything else."

"Really?" I shot him a knowing look. "Have you forgotten how well I know you? I know what crossed your mind."