Chapter one

Golden rays warmed Starr's olive skin as the morning dawn shone through the cream curtains of her bedroom. She was awoken to the feeling of a vibration against her pillow, as she sighed and pulled her phone out from beneath her head.
"Paris, it's literally ten a.m, why are you waking me up?" Starr yawned down the phone to her best friend, her eyes barely parted in the day light.
"You mean you're not up yet?! We were supposed to be meeting in town at half past! Get yourself ready, I'm coming over," Paris chuckled down the phone, pacing in her own door way as she anticipated a fun day ahead of shopping. Starr agreed, taking a stretch and a deep breath, before pulling herself out of bed and heading towards her bathroom. Today promised to be a beautiful day.

A short while later, the two girls found themselves walking the cobbled streets into the main town, their arms linked as they giggled, spreading inside jokes and playfully singing. Starr and Paris had been inseparable since birth; some would say they were unbiological sisters. Their parents had grown up together, so when their mothers fell pregnant at the same time, some twenty years ago, they were destined to follow in their footsteps.

Although, they were far from the same. Starr had a soft tone of olive skin, her eyes a deep brown and her hair almost black. Whilst Paris embraced a fair blush colour, her hair blonde and enhanced by bright blue eyes.

The pair continued their laughter as they reached the main square, the streets hustling in the Saturday morning madness, the scent of market food appealing and the playing of buskers enjoyable.

"Who's busking today? They're really good," Starr asked Paris as they headed into a shop.
"No idea, we'll go and have a look after we're done here," Paris shrugged, her eyes already latching onto a black sports top as Starr picked up a floral dress. They scouted out the shop thoroughly, before deciding on a few pieces each and heading to the tills. Once they had paid, they made their way back into the street, and followed the sound of the music.

They both loved music, but the music they could hear today was different. It was raw, beautiful, touching. And they needed to find where it was coming from.

Turning the corner, the pair noticed a group of boys behind microphones, some behind guitars, some with closed eyes as they embraced their talent.
"Bingo," Paris whispered, nudging Starr. They both giggled, admiring from a far. It was clear they were around the same age, and undeniably handsome.
"Come on, let's go over," Paris grabbed her best friends hand, pulling her towards the band before Starr could protest.

As they reached the boys, they had just finished a song and were having a small break amongst themselves.
"You guys sound amazing!" Paris told them, causing each of the five guys to turn and face the two girls. Starr was by far the more shy out of the pair, always letting Paris do the talking.
"Ah bless you, that's really kind, thank you love," One of them smiled, winking in Paris' direction. Starr felt Paris squeeze her arm slightly at this encounter, causing her to look up at the group infront of her. But before she could say anything, her eyes landed on the most beautiful man she had ever seen; his vibrant turquoise eyes staring in her direction as he smirked, ruffling his brunette hair.
"Yeah, you were-" Starr began, but was interrupted as her phone rang. "I better get this," She sighed, staring at the name on her Home Screen as she released from Paris' arm and quickly walked to a more discreet part of the street. She felt eyes burning into her as she did, and not just Paris'.