"You look..." She trailed off, he couldn't keep the smile off his face as he shook his head at her and leaned back on the couch.

"Like I've been going crazy?" He finished for her. She grinned before letting out a small chuckle and reaching down to unclasp her shoes from her ankles. Josh's eyes followed her movements as she gently took the heels off her feet and tossed them over by the door.

"You want to tell me what's been driving you crazy?" She asked, and he couldn't believe that she had made that comment with the air of innocence as she took a moment to rub the sole of her foot before straitening back up on the couch and looking at him.

"You," He said simply. And it was the truth. He hadn't been able to keep his mind off of her all night, or really any night for the last three months. Well, really the last three years. Ever since the had both come to the silent agreement that 'someday' was a thing of the past. But he had never felt that way, not really.

She stared at him for a moment, as if trying to decide rather or not he was telling the truth. Her heart started beating even louder and she was scared that if he listened closely enough he might be able to hear it. "Me." She repeated.

"To be fair, it's nothing new." He shrugged his shoulders. "You've always had the ability to drive me crazy." Maya swallowed hard.

"Bold things to be saying." She stated with a slight tease to her tone. His own hand tightened into a fist, and Maya watched him shift on the couch so that he was turned more towards her.

"I've been thinking a lot about you lately. I always kind of thought that if we stayed away for too long then maybe these feelings would just die out." He stared at a spot on the couch as he spoke, she could tell by the way his fingers were twitching that he was nervous. And she could feel those nerves starting in her own body. "It's a little strange," He said as he looked up at her. "I feel like somewhere along the way our roles got switched."

"They didn't." She whispered softly. "You still drive me crazy, too. I've just gotten a lot better at hiding it over the years." He smiled and sniggered a little at her comment.

"And yet, here I am showing up at your apartment, waiting past midnight for you to get home and-" He cut himself off, searching her eyes for any sign to tell him that he should stop. There wasn't one. "Hoping that maybe you would be willing to give this a chance." She bit her lip. "An actual chance. No more beating around the bush and secret glances of hoping that it could be something more."

"I have to admit," She confessed. "It's nice being the one to be chased after so long."

"You're not going to make me wait three years are you?" He asked, she laughed.

"Well, you would definitely deserve it." She teased. "Might be nice for you to understand what it's like." She meant it as a joke, and he pursed his lips together with a small smile while nodding his head.

"It's been three months since I've seen you last. And that time away from you, along with any time that I'm away from you is hell." He admitted. "You have consumed every single coherent thought in my brain, every single dream that I have, every time I think of any kind of future, I picture you in it. And yes, I'm a Matthews, and yes, we say corny things. But, it's the truth. And if it's one thing us Matthews are good at, it's telling the truth." Maya stared at him. "So yes, you could make me wait another three years if you wanted to, and I would hardly be in a position to protest against it. And I would do it. I would do it because every moment of every day that I would get to spend with you after that, would be worth the wait."

She had felt like she was on the top floor of the highest building in the world and the floor had just fell out from under her. She was falling, falling fast and falling hard and there didn't seem to be any net below to catch her. But she didn't want there to be a net to catch her.

"Too much?" He asked when she didn't respond. Instead, she just kept staring at him. The truth was, it was too much. Everything he had just said sounded as if it came right out of some type of romance novel. It was the type of things you only hear in movies or read in books. The type of love that was impossible to feel unless you had a writer behind the scenes writing it for you. It was an impossible type of love. A love that she had never believed in, that was, until she had fallen for Joshua Matthews.

"You Matthews are always too much," And with that, she had leaped across the couch and into his lap. His arms came out to catch her as she settled against him, their faces inches apart. "I would like it in writing, painted in big letters across a board to hang over my bed-"

"Shut up." He smiled as he reached his hand behind her neck and pulled her lips down to his. This moment also felt like something out of a fairytale, almost like from someone else's life.

Her dress rode up her thighs as she straddled his lap, not caring one bit that she was stretching out the material. Her arms wrapped around his neck, his around her back as he pulled her closer. She had been waiting to do this since she was thirteen years old, to be here with him, to feel him against her, to have him hold her the way he was holding her now.

When they pulled away, both of them breathing a little harder than normal, Maya rested her head against his forehead. They stayed like that for a moment, both of them holding each other close.

"Play the long game with me, Maya." He said as he stared up into her eyes.

"You willing to be my partner this time?" She asked him. He brushed his lips against hers and she tilted her head to the side.

"I love you," he said. The grin on her face changed into a smile. Her hand coming up to run through his hair. As much as her thirteen-year-old self would have loved to have Joshua Matthews say those words to her, she wouldn't have believed them. And it felt so nice, to be twenty-three and never have a doubt as she stared into his eyes.

"I love you, too." She could feel his heart pounding just as much as hers, his eyes mirroring the same emotions, the same feelings of ecstasy as the full effect of what was happening processed.

They were together. They were in love. They were happy.
__________________________________________________________________________