Chapter twenty-four

[tw: violence, blood]

~ Dream's POV ~

The sun was almost set and it was early evening when the blonde made his way into the hotel room expecting to see George, he was tired and hoped to hug the life out of the shorter to recharge his energy and take the edge off.

He opened the door and stepped inside. "Oh, Geoorgee" he sang out as he waited for the other to either mock and make fun of him or call out to him, giving away his location. And when the brunette did not answer Dream moved towards the bedroom and noticed the bathroom door was open, which meant George could not have been in there. "George?" He called out more seriously this time, getting more impatient, he assumed the shorter disobeyed him in a way and went out for a walk.

He stood there in contemplation and then his eye caught the pan which held a burnt omelette and the stove seemed like it was automatically switched off and not manually, his concern grew. And he completely lost his grip and stability when he noticed the reddish-brown spots that had stained the carpet below his feet, followed by slightly muddy footprints leading in and out of the room.

George is missing, he was abducted.

The gears turn in his head as he ran out of the resort and got into his car, simultaneously taking his phone out and calling one of his men, shouting at them to get information on George and to analyse any camera footage they come across while searching.

"Kill anyone that's not willing to cooperate! I want George back here safely!" He screams into the device as he raises his shivering hand to his face and back to the steering wheel and made his way to his warehouse, where his meetings are generally conducted.

Dream kept thinking about the people that might have abducted George, the people in the mafia. But the blonde did not have many enemies to begin with, he always thought of mutual interests and partnerships with other mob leaders, even though it was for his selfish reasons it benefited him largely as he had little to no opposers, only friendly rivalry.

Rival. Schlatt... he thought.

"Now that he's with you, a lot of people will be after him, the ones that want to come after you" Schlatt's words ring in the blondes ear, his face warps into disgust as he continues his drive while jumping traffic signals. "Says the one that's left him alone in the hotel room" His anger intensifies as he pressed onto the gas pedal.

"Was that Fucking foreshadowing for what he was going to do?" Dream says through his gritted teeth as he pulls his phone out and calls Schlatt, after a few rings the raven haired individual picks up, the blonde expects the other to taunt him in a sinister voice and ask for whatever he was after as he had George.

"Yeah? Wassup?" The black haired man spoke nonchalantly but was quickly interrupted by the other.

"Where is George?!" Dream shouted.

"You misplaced your boyfriend?"

"I'm serious where the fuck is he? I swear to god if you kidnapped him-"

"Woah, woah, woah! Buddy I'm already taken! Why would I go after George?" Schlatt said in an honest tone and heard the blonde let out a shaky sigh, he knew the situation was important and of utmost urgency. "What happened? Are you going to your warehouse?" When he heard Dream hum a 'yes' he immediately replied "I'll be there in five, wait for me before you decide to do anything stupid" and he hung up quickly.

Just in a few minutes the blonde found himself parking in one of the lots of his warehouse and moving towards the highest room, which was mainly a meeting room, but had the facilities to track and examine camera footages that they hack into. And not long after, Schlatt made his way to a very distressed Dream who was sitting on one of the sofas with both hands covering his face clearly in stress. Schlatt was followed by Quackity, his significant other and Karl, the black haired individual's assistant to help on the case.

"We'll find him, Dream" Schlatt said in an assuring voice to which the blonde just nodded, as he picked his phone, let out a deep sigh and dialled in a number.

"I have to tell Sapnap..." the blonde quietly said, "Mine and George's friend, he has to know" his voice shook, it was evident that he could not handle talking to the shorter's best friend about his abduction at the moment so Schlatt took the device from him and gave it to Karl.

"Let Karl handle it, you help us assist the tracking" Schlatt said as he helped the blonde get on his feet, and Karl did his best trying to explain the situation to Sapnap, the blonde could only hear distant voices, the brunette calming and pacifying the other on the phone.

"He wants to come here, he's insisting" Karl said in a soft tone, and after the others nodded in agreement he directed the other. "The Las Nevadas private jet, and that will bring you here in one or two hours maximum, after reaching the airport there will be a car that will bring you to the warehouse" the brunette explained the details as he hung up.

Several monitors lit up in multiple colours after which grainy camera films were projected from multiple angles, some of them near the resort they resided in. The back door of the complex showed a dishevelled man carrying an unconscious brunette, they found him, that was George. The blonde physically winced when he saw traces of blood on the shorter's head, which only intensified his rage.

He was going to kill that old man.

Experienced men working under Dream followed different traffic surveillance footage, keeping a close eye on a dark grey car which was on the brink of breaking down, in which the ragged man had placed George in the luggage compartment. Everyone in the room situated inside the warehouse were now on their feet ready to hurry and take charge when the car slowed down on the camera film, and for a moment disappeared out of sight when it took a turn on one of the dirt roads, outside of the range of surveillance.

"That's it, there are multiple abandoned buildings in that area, he must've taken George into one of them" Quackity said as they made their way down to multiple black cars aligned neatly in the parking lot, Dream got into one of them on the driver's side, then clicked the screen to life and entered the vague location they received, others were expected to follow as he leaded. Karl was instructed to wait in the vicinity for Sapnap's arrival and serve as tech support if anything was to be hacked into.

They knew once they got there they had to split up and ransack every deserted building to search for George, it would be dangerous indeed, they still had no idea who was behind this act and how powerful they were, Dream and the others only knew of one thing, that they were getting the brunette back safely.

[thanks for voting and commenting <3 I have another dnf idea so if you like my style of writing, follow to keep up with it, thanks ~Deia]